Galene looked at Drystan, she squinted her eyes when she saw how annoyed he looked like now.

"I can pay for both of us you know"

Drystan looked at Galene with widened eyes.

"Uhhh no that's not what I meant... I..."

His eyes looked lost, he misspoke. He knew that the tone of his voice and the way he speak can be misunderstood by anyone. Now that he think of it, maybe it was also the reason why they were always arguing.

"Oh, did you want to pay for everything since it's the first date?"

Drystan looked at Galene and saw that somehow there was worry in her eyes. He scratched the back of his ear before nodding.

Galene let out a sigh before staring at the tickets. It was out of habit, she hated having someone always pay for her. If it was a date she always wanted to split the bill in half. She knew that it was somehow rude but she just couldn't stand the thought of having someone pay for her.

"Then, how 'bout this?"

Drystan looked at Galene who was now smiling at him.

"You can just pay for our food, I just... well I don't feel comfortable with not spending anything especially if its a date"

Drystan never knew that, he smiled when he felt like he finally knew something about Galene.

"Alright, sorry I misspoke, I didn't know you'll feel that way"

"You don't feel like my action just now was rude?"

Drystan stared hard at the now dumb founded Galene. He pondered on the thought and no, he didn't feel it was rude. He was just annoyed because he felt like his plan was falling apart.

"No, I just... I was just annoyed because my plan was spoiled. Then I'll get us some popcorn and soda, you prefer cheese and coke right?"

He shyly admitted before running off the moment Galene nodded at the preference he had asked.

Galene never took off her gaze at Drystan, she watched him, up until the little details she never knew she would take notice. Drystan already knew what she likes, what she prefers, what she hates, he knew the unimportant details like that about her and somehow it makes her heart flutter.

Galene laughed as she stare at Drystan whose eyes are now all red while Drystan wanted the earth to just eat him up out of embarrassment. The movie had already finished and they were now walking to the restaurant he had booked. But, the matter is that he had cried while watching the movie. He couldn't even take the opportunity of being in the cinema to get close to Galene as he was so engrossed in the movie.

"This is stupid"

"Not at all, I think I enjoyed watching you more than the movie"

Drystan stared at Galene as she watch the tiny tears forming in her eyes because of laughing too hard.

"Hey Astraea, you're having fun huh"

Galene instantly stifled her laughter the moment she heard Drystan use his threatening voice.

"Kinda"

She admitted while a smile was still plastered on her face. She found a new side of Drystan that she was sure he wouldn't want anyone else to know. And Drystan admits that eventhough he had surely embarrassed himself, he was glad that Galene was enjoying their day.

But that thought froze when he saw the downpour the moment they stepped in the exit of the cinema.

He didn't plan this, he was sure that there wouldn't be any rain today and the place he had booked was far. He looked around and saw that it was hard to hail a cab because of the rain. He gritted his teeth, he felt like nothing was going his way anymore.

He had thought that maybe Galene would find this date disappointing and boring but he froze when he saw her.

Hands extending towards the rain where the raindrops meet her palm and a soft smile that was the serene scene he had witnessed.

"Hey Zael, does your itinerary matter?"

Drystan looked at Galene, was he that transparent for her. How could she have known that he had everything planned out? He faced her with a stern look on his face.

"I want to make this memorable and enjoyable for you. I'm trying to win you over you know. I want everything to be perfect"

It was the truth, he wanted this to last. He was not going to give up his chance just like that.

"You and I are neither perfect so how can you expect everything to be perfect"

Drystan grimaced at the mocking tone that Galene had used, the same tone she uses when she wants to just start an argument. But instead of her grinning face, what Drystan saw was her smile. She then extended her hand that she had extended earlier to the rain.

"I know you just had a cold but are you willing to do something stupid with me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Hmmm, you said you wanted it to be memorable and enjoyable, but if you want a memory to be enjoyable and memorable then you should just embrace the unexpected."

It then hit Drystan so hard, he could already guess what she wanted to do and she was asking for his answer because he just got sick. But why would he care about any of that, here was the girl he wants asking him if he was ready to do a stupid thing with her.

Why the hell would he refuse?

He grinned at her before fishing out his phone and wallet from his pant's pocket.

"Would you please put this in your purse? I'm more concerned about this than I am about myself"

Galene froze for a moment before bursting out a loud laughter that sounded like music to Drystan's ears. She took his phone and wallet and put in her purse. She was about to extend her hand again when Drystan took it and without another word pulled her into the pouring rain.

Galene laughed when she realized that Drystan already knew what she had meant by doing something stupid.

They ran to the nearest park without any care about the looks that passerbys were giving them. Drystan didn't care anymore either. He didn't care about whether their date was perfect or if they looked stupid.

The only thing that he cares about was Galene. The Galene who was holding his hands right now, laughing like a kid as they ran under the rain. Galene looked at him and it made his heart skip a beat.

He slowed down eventually stopping at a pavement at the park where he had planned to take her to earlier. Galene stopped when she felt him stop.

Her eyes widened when she saw Drystan smiling at him sweetly, his ears the shade of red again.

"Astraea"

Drystan knew that all his plans for their first date had been spoiled but as Galene had said, what makes the moment memorable are something unexpected. And he doesn't know if he made Galene fall for him even a little bit today but he knew that he did.

He was the one who fell for her again. She was different in every sense that he had imagined her to be and he loved that.

He pulled her hand closer to him, kissing the back of it once again.

He would never get tired of doing this and he would certainly never get tired of telling her how he feels.

"I love you"

Because every moment he spends with Galene just makes him fall harder and deeper for her.