Chapter 20

Galene let out a sigh before laying on her bed. She had been staying at Quincey's house for a week now. Her parents were both understanding when she had told them the truth and she was just grateful that both of them took her in without a second thought.

But there was still something that was bothering her. She couldn't explain it either but it felt like it was the calm before a storm.

"Please tell me, you aren't in deep thoughts about your situation again"

Galene looked up and saw Quincey holding some snacks. She smiled and shook her head eventhough she did thought about it but she knew that her friends had been worried enough.

"I'll be staying over at Serenity's next week"

"Already? Mom doesn't mind you here"

"I know, but Serenity had been dying to have a sleepover hadn't she?"

Galene laughed at Quincey's grim expression, since she had been staying over at Quincey's, Serenity had been bothering the both of them that it was unfair how the two of them get to have a sleepover.

"I swear, one more word of that sleepover and Imma flip"

Galene can't help but appreciate her friends more now. The way they were overprotective of her now and how they were making sure that she was alright and comfortable was enough to tell her how worried they really were when she showed up at school with wounds and bruises.

"Galene, you can be happy now you know"

Galene shifted back her attention to Quincey who was eyeing her. Galene only gave her a small smile in return and nodded.

"I know, just need some time to heal really"

"Does Aslan have a plan? You can't just run away from it forever, although we prefer you do it instead of getting hurt"

Galene chuckled before shifting into a sitting position facing Quincey who was now opening her first bag of chips.

"He said he does have one and he's taking it to court so that we won't be legally bounded to them anymore"

"That's good, when will it happen?"

Galene shook her head at Quincey and remembered her text messages with her brother. Aslan had promised her that everything would be alright and that they'll finally be free from them, Galene is holding on to that promise.

"I don't know"

Quincey stared at Galene and let out a sigh.

"Aslan said he's gathering enough evidence so that they can be put into jail. That's the only way things would be alright"

Quincey was silent for a while before she gave Galene a shrug and started pulling the chips from the bag.

"Well, you'll get to be free don't worry"

Galene laughed at Quincey's tone.

"You talk as if you know the future"

As an answer Quincey gave her a nervous laugh before putting a mouthful of chips. The topic about her parents naturally faded away as the two of them sat face to face and talking about almost anything.

🎙🎶🎙

"Come on, are you seriously telling me that you're getting jitters?"

"Why? this is important is it not?"

Galene laughed as she handed some bottled tea towards Kenzo who proclaimed that he was officially having performance jitters. It was a good thing that Serenity had prepared them beforehand. Not while ago the band was invited to perform at an event and the one who invited them was a popular music producer.

That explains why Kenzo was feeling pressured, this could be the band's ticket for getting into the music industry further. It was a good thing that it had became Serenity's habit to make them some tea to calm their nerves before every performance.

Galene walked towards Drystan and saw how he was inhaling and exhaling.

"Are you nervous?"

Drystan turned around to see Galene standing behind him holding a bottle of the tea. He actually was and he could really feel his hands sweating.

"Is it bad that I am?"

He whispered to which Galene instantly knew the reason to why. The guys were already nervous as is and if they found out that Drystan was nervous too, then it'll affect them too.

"Here, let's calm those nerves before showtime"

Galene handed him the tea but his hands held hers tight. Galene felt how cold Drystan's hands were. She smiled softly at him to which Drystan stared at.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine, plus we'll be in the crowd like always"

Drystan gave her a nervous laugh before he pulled her close just enough so that his forehead could touch hers. His heavy breaths were anew for Galene, this might be the only time where she could see Drystan so nervous like this.

Galene let her free hand touch Drystan's back as she caress it hoping to calm him down. But it didn't, instead it made Drystan want to pull her into a tight hug. It took him a lot of self-control to stop himself from doing it because he knew that he would never be able to let her go.

"If it helps, I read somewhere that if you focus on one thing while on stage it'll help ease of the nervousness"

Drystan laughed at Galene's attempt to seriously help him calm down. He had appreciated the thought but it was something that he didn't need if he was being honest.

"I guess I never told you huh?"

Galene stared at Drystan whose face was still so close to her. She felt a light blush crept on her cheeks.

"Told me what?"

Drystan smiled and moved his face away from her, he knew that he wouldn't be able to stop himself from kissing her if he stayed close to her for one more second. But the moment he moved away, he felt a deep craving for her touch. He found it weird how he always wanted to touch and be right by Galene's side. In the end he had settled to hold her free hand as his other hand settled around the bottle of tea.

He lifted Galene's hand and brought it onto his lips as he stare at Galene whose cheeks were now stained red. His eyes meeting hers.

"That you're all I could see whenever I'm on stage"