Chapter Thirty One

Emily's POV (^o^)

          I looked around the garden searching for either Ray or Leo, but neither of them were in sight. I turned around to ask Mae where they were, but she wasn't in sight either . I sighed and made to leave and get my phone so I could maybe call Leo or something when I heard his voice .

         " Who knew I could fall so hard ?

              Not even I

              Yet you changed all of that .

            I don't know how but I fell so hard for you

             I don't know why but I'm still falling .
           You gave me a new reason to anticipate every morning

        Seeing your beautiful face makes even my bad days beautiful
       words can't express how much I love you
       You complete me and the dance wouldn't be complete without you by my side .

      Emily will you be my date to the dance ", I heard a voice say and I turned to see Leo behind me . I closed my eyes , my brain trying to process all he had just said . My mouth opened but my lips couldn't form any words . I felt my eyes start to get watery and I wiped the tears from them and ran away .

       I ran to the cafeteria and just before I entered it , I wiped my face , trying to stay calm and composed then I pushed the door open and walked into the cafeteria grabbing my bag and walking out as soon as I had gotten in . I picked up my pace again running into the woods . I felt myself start to get dizzy again . My body was weak . I slowed my pace , my eyes scanning around for a place I could rest and my eyes settled on a log . I walked to the log , sitting on it . Letting my eyes wander far into the woods as tears dripped down them .

      I did it . I turned down my boyfriend and I did it for my friend . I did it for he happiness . Did I feel happy ? That was one question I couldn't answer but I knew I had to do what I did .

         " Emily are you okay ? " I heard a voice say and I turned to see Tara who was panting heavily .

         " I'm fine ", I said wiping my tears and looking away .

         " Don't lie to me I saw what happened back there and you don't seem pleased with what you did as well and if you're not happy about it , then why did you do it ? " She asked and I didn't respond .

        " Emily you know you can tell me anything right ? " She asked walking over to me and sitting next to me on the log . She wrapped her hands around my shoulder and I leaned into her , hugging her .

          " I don't know Tara , but I had to do it . I can't go to the dance with him , I just can't ", I said , tears flowing down my cheeks .

           " Did anybody say something to you ? " She asked and I hesitated for a while then I shook my head .

           " No , it was my decision ", I pulled away from the hug , wiping my tears and getting up .

            " Emily can you please stop lying and tell me the truth ", Tara yelled .

           " If that's what you think then fine , but I'm just tired , I'm just tired of the world being against me , I'm just tired of having to let go of everything I've worked so hard for , I'm just tired of being the one everyone makes a joke of , I'm just tired of everything ", I said , wiping the fresh batch of tears that caressed my cheeks .

            " I don't understand what you're saying ", she said softly .

            " How would you ? No one ever does , don't bother yourself about me ", I said .