Chapter Sixteen

Emily's POV  ✿ ⁰ o ⁰ ✿

       I searched around for Tara , and I finally found her , she was busy scrolling through her phone while walking . I snuck up on her and shouted

        " Boooo ",

         " You scared me ", she said , struggling to catch her phone that flew out of her hands .

         " Where have you been ", she asked .

         " Um... I promise , I was going to come out as soon as school was over , but Leo came and I spent a few seconds with him ", I said in one breath .

          " Chill ! I know you have a boyfriend now , so I definitely understand . You should have even taken a few more hours ", she said and winked at me . I eyerolled , and started walking .

         " Wait for me ", Tara said , and she ran to catch up with me .

               We began walking to the subway . We intended to take the speed train to Jess's house . Since Jess lived in our pack , it wasn't any stress , it was just wasn't so far from the school , Just a few packs away .

          I sat down at the middle of Tara and a cute little girl . The girl had Long blonde hair , that was styled into a ponytail , emerald green eyes and peach lips . She was probably around She was focused on doodling something down on the sketchbook she had . Next to the little girl was a young lady , probably 18 . She had wine red hair , big , bright , baby blue eyes , and to top it all , long lashes , that complimented her bright eyes , and made her look like a doll . She also had red lipstick on . Considering how slim and curvy she was , she gave out model vibes .

            " Do you like it , I know you've been staring at it ", the little girl said to me , and she turned her little picture to me .

           " Wow that's beautiful ", I said smiling at her .

           " That's me , and that's my brother ", she said , pointing at the little girl she drew, who was holding a boy's hand .

            " Awww that's so cute , do you think you can draw me ", I asked , and she nodded .

         " Of course I can , and I'd make her look as beautiful as you do ", the little girl said , and that made me smile . The other girl she was with looked up at me , and eyerolled .

       " Rosa , you know you shouldn't be talking to strangers ", the girl said to her , and I got slightly pissed . I held myself back , because I understood that she was just being over protective .

       " But she's really nice ", the little girl protested .

         " No buts rosa , now keep to yourself and doodle what you were doodling ", she said , and the girl just frowned and did as she said . I noticed that the little girl turned to another page and started doodling something new .

         I turned to look at Tara , who was lost in her own world , listen to music with her earphones , and dancing to the beats . I opened my bag , and I searched for a book , and I took out one , and began to read .

          After a few minutes of reading the book , I realized that we had already arrived at my pack . Tara and I walked to the door , and we made to leave , when I felt a little hand on mine . I looked down to see the little girl .

           " Here you go ", she whispered , and I smiled at her and took the piece of paper . I placed it in the middle of my notebook and placed it back in my bag safely .

           " Emily , why did you stop ", Tara asked , turning to me , and I just walked over to her quickly .

          " Nothing , let's get going ", I said , and we made our way to Jess's house .

                            *         *        *

         Tara knocked at the front door of Jess's house , and it seemed like no one was home .

         " Great , no one's home ", Tara sighed , and I couldn't help but sigh as well .

        " What are we going to do now ", I asked , and the front door opened .

       " Tara and uh....... ", A man said , and I assumed he was Jess's dad .

        " Emily ", I said " good day sir ", I added .

       " Come on in you two . I assume you both are here to see Jess ", he said as we walked in .

        " Yes sir ", Tara said .

         " Okay , she's in her room ", he said , and got sitted on a sofa .

          " Thank you sir ", Tara said politely , and we went up to Jess's bedroom . Tara knocked .

         " Who's there ", a voice echoed from the inside .

        " Me ", Tara said .

         " Come in ", the voice said , and Tara opened the door , and we walked in and closed the door .

         " Oh Tara it's you ", Jess said .

         " She doesn't even know my voice anymore ", Tara said , faking hurt .

         " No , there's no way that's happening , your voice just sounded different behind the door , and I wasn't expecting you ", Jess said , and Tara smiled .

        " Come over here and give me a hug ", Jess said , and Tara ran over to meet her , where she was sitting on her bed , and Tara have her a hug .

          " Emily , why are you acting like a stranger , come over here as well ", Jess said , and I went over to her , and hugged her .

           " Is it true Jess ", I asked .

           " Is what true ", She asked instead , pretending not to know what I meant .

           " Did you and Jay have a fight ", I asked , and she smiled .

          " Um ..... Girls , I don't want to talk about this , it's um..... It's a private matter between I and my mate ",   Jess said , and I and Tara's jaw dropped .

           " Mate!? ", We said in unison . I was really shocked , and I knew Tara was as well , considering how shocked she looked .

          " You're jay's mate ? ", Tara asked , and Jess looked down .

         " Yes , and I think he's in the right position to explain to you what exactly went wrong ", Jess said , standing up .

         " Well I have something to say Jess ", Tara said .

         " Nooo Tara you really don't have to get in the middle of all of this ", Jess said

        " You have to listen to me . Allison planned all of this , I'm sure of it , she framed Jay ", Tara said , and I hoped Jess would believe her .

        " Do you have any evidence ", Jess asked , and both I and Tara went mute .

        " Well , come back when you have evidence ", she said and walked out of the room .

         " Great , she doesn't believe us ", Tara said , sounding disappointed because we didn't succeed in convincing Jess .

         " She didn't say that , she just needs proof , and proof she'd get ", I said .

Written by Nel_kasa(◕ᴗ◕✿)