Chapter 122: Vote

Knock... knock

"Good evening Marshal Xiongmao, Head of the Shé clan. The Emperor asks that all voting parties move to the meeting room at this time." A man politely said. He was dressed in a simple clean outfit.

"Is he a butler or something?" Taio Ru wondered as he looked at the man cautiously.

"We will go once my subordinates arrive." Jun De said. He had no intention of leaving until they arrived.

"Marshal Xiongmao, I'm sorry but we can't delay the meeting." The man said.

"My children need someone to watch them. Until they arrive we will not leave this room." Jun De explained.

"I can stay with them throughout the meeting. Rest assured they will be safe." The man said.

"Have you known any beastman willing to entrust the life of their kin to someone they don't trust? I refuse to leave my children with someone I do not trust with my life." Jun De emphasized. His demeanour cold and stern.

"Marshal Xiongmao, I have been a trusted aide to the Imperial family for the past 100 years. I have watched over the current Emperor and his children. I assure you, your children will be safe with me." The man said with pride.

"You are trusted by the Emperor, not me. Until my subordinates arrive we will not be leaving this room." Jun De said.

The man seemed insulted by Jun De's words and intended to make his grievances known. When suddenly a knock was heard at the door.

Knock... knock...

"Marshal Xiongmao, this is Commander Ma. I am here with Lieutenant Wuya and Officer Laohu."

"Come in." Jun De said.

With permission given, they promptly entered the room. The Emperor's aide looked dissatisfied by their appearance but could say nothing.

Taio Ru could understand why Jun De called Lieutenant Wuya, but not officer Laohu or Commander Ma. Curious he tapped Jun De to get his attention.

"What is it, my love?"

"Why them?" Taio Ru whispered.

"I trust them. Commander Ma is respected and held in high regard within the military. His position as commander also gives him authority over most men. Lieutenant Wuya is my most trusted subordinate, and Officer Laohu... he's spent the most time with the babies." Jun De explained in a low voice.

The others in the room couldn't hear what was being said, but that didn't bother them. They had gotten used to seeing the marshal speak into his sleeve long ago.

"Cough* Now that your subordinates have arrived I must insist you leave immediately for the meeting." The man said. His words interrupting the conversation between Jun De and Taio Ru.

"The children are currently sleeping in their carrier. When they wake up you can feed them some food from inside this preservation box..." Jun De began to explain.

"Don't worry. I've helped Taio Ru take care of those little cuties more than once. You can go to your meeting confident they'll be well taken care of." Officer Laohu exclaimed boisterously as he smacked Jun De shoulder.

Jun De frowned displeased by the interruption. But said nothing. He couldn't deny having him there would be helpful to him.

With everything settled Jun De turned to leave.

"Head of the Shé clan before you leave I advise you to transform back to your human form." The man said.

"Why?" Taio Ru asked.