Chapter 113: Mistake

Satisfied Jun De quickly brought Taio Ru to their room. It wasn't as big as the one on the Zenith, nor was it the one used by the ship's commander. Jun De had asked for the closest room to the control room so they could easily go back and deal with any problems.

"The room has two beds?" Taio Ru noted.

"Most officers share a room. The beds are smaller, but it's big enough for the two of us. Don't worry. We just need to lay close." Jun De teased.

Taio Ru's face turned red as he moved to the bed.

Jun De excused Officer Shalun and placed the crib on the opposite bed. His every move slow and gentle so as not to wake them.

Hiss*

Regretfully, the babies woke up. "Lovelies go back to sleep." Jun De whispered.

"They shouldn't. It's only 19:00 if they sleep now they won't sleep through the night. Taio Ru said. Jun De couldn't refute Taio Ru's words, but he wanted Taio Ru to have a chance to rest. Although the babies weren't the most difficult to care for, it would still be easier if they slept.

Taio Ru planned to move to the other bed to sit by the crib. "Love, lay down. I'll take care of them. You need to rest." Jun De said as he tried to tuck Taio Ru into bed.

"We're going to depart soon. You have to leave and make sure everything is ready for when we do. I'll handle the babies." Taio Ru said while refusing to lay down.

"No, you need rest."

"Jun De, taking care of them isn't that difficult. I'll be fine." Taio Ru insisted.

Knock... knock...

Doctor Haitung arrived at the door with the portable exam table once more. He had transferred to the Stargazer for Taio Ru's sake.

"Doctor, could you take a look at Taio Ru? I'm worried about his stress levels." Jun De said.

"Jun De I'm fine. I can't be locked in the exam capsule for ten minutes. What if there is a problem?" Taio Ru said.

"The exam can be forcibly terminated at any time." The doctor assured as he gave Taio Ru the change of clothes.

With no legitimate reason to refuse Taio Ru took the clothes and prepared to change. Wanting some privacy, he stepped inside the bathroom only to notice how small it was. There was no shower or bath, only a toilet and sink, similar to what he'd seen on airplanes back on Earth.

After changing he came out looking more exhausted than when he went in.

"Love, are you okay?" Jun De asked as he moved forward to support him.

"I'm fine, just a little tired." Taio Ru admitted. The act of changing had apparently taken everything he had left.

Concerned Jun De and the doctor quickly settled Taio Ru in the exam chamber and ran it. While Taio Ru was doing that, Jun De fed the little babies and gave them some attention.

...

Jun De and Taio Ru weren't surprised when the doctor said his blood pressure was high and he needed to rest.

Beep... Beep...

Jun De looked down at his bracelet. It was a notification to start a meeting to discuss the departure and finalize the details.

"Love, I need to go. Stay here and lay down. The babies are fed and can keep themselves occupied on their own. You should try to sleep now while you can. If there is any issue with the system Officer Shalun will escort you to the control room or better yet you can speak with them through the bracelet's video conferencing. Don't go out alone, and try to get some sleep." Jun De said. He felt uneasy leaving Taio Ru when he clearly needed rest, but it was necessary.