Chapter 3: First Meeting

The Marshal Jun De first entered his office. He had it specifically designed that both the office and bedroom opened to the his private garden. He went to the office first to take some of his paperwork to work on as he sat at his favourite spot in the garden.

Looking at the pile of paperwork, Jun De could not help but sigh. He diligently did all the paperwork in a timely manner, not skipping a day. Despite this it never seemed to diminish.

"Where does it even come from?" Jun De thought as he grabbed the tablet. They naturally didn't have paper. That would be a waste. But in order to provide people with a sense of urgency. The military projected a 3D holographic picture of piles of paper in order for staff to judge the amount of work that needed to be done.

When he picked up the tablet for mobile access the holographic image disappeared.

With the tablet in hand and is jelly supplement in the other Jun De went towards the door leading to his private garden.

Beep* swoosh

Scanning his personal terminal the door opened with a swoosh and the fresh smell of grass and bamboo filled his nose.

"Nothing is better than here." Jun De thought as he took a step into the garden. Without any delay he made his way towards the centre to sit and relax on his favourite stone next to the calming brook.

The garden was designed perfectly to give the feeling of escaping the world of metal and noise. A private oasis where only he resided.

Zzz...

Jun De stopped.  The veins at the back of his hands becoming more defined. His usual drooping eyes that gave people the sense he was easygoing and somewhat sleepy turned sharp.

He could sense the presence of another in his garden. The feeling of his oasis being defiled but another was unpleasant.

Since he was young he was always surrounded by others. Growing up in the richest and most influential families in the Empire just below the imperial family, he did not want or need anything.

At least that is how people perceived it to be from the outside. But for Jun De it was like living in hell. He has always been very sensitive to the presence of others. Having servants constantly bustling around the rooms, accompanying him to and from school, guarding him at every turn. Jun De could never rest.

He tried to have the servants and staff removed from his side,  it his family did not agree. Often saying it was dangerous or the other nobles will think they are having financial difficulties and cannot afford the finest help.

The uneasiness that came from constantly being surrounded by others even when in the bathroom left Jun De on edge and he could only act out in defiance. His mental had become increasingly unstable.

At the age of eighteen in enlisted in the army. If he tried to escape to some desolate star to live out in solitude, his family would never have accepted it. However joining the army could bring prestige and honour and they agreed.

Being in the army was not the easiest at first. Living in close quarters and working in platoons was no different from having servants around at all times, but with hard work and determination Jun De focused is emotions on the tasks at hand.

Within a short time his attitude and success earned him the position of Marshal one of three in the Empire. Along with that position came the freedom to design his own personal warship. A ship he designed with an oasis from the world.

Yet, at this very moment he could clearly sense someone had invaded his space. Jun De's body stiffened and his mind burned with hatred as he continued moving forward towards his favourite spot.