[ The Stag ]

CHAPTER 50
[ Arkansas, 2012 ]

Georgia was sat upon the couch, biting her nails anxiously as she watched Elijah's body twitch. Hope slept soundly in her crib, unaware of the danger they were faced with. Georgia had locked all the doors, shut all the curtains and now all she could do was wait. But what she was waiting for was undefined, ideally she was waiting for Elijah to wake but she was aware of other, less ideal outcomes.

Within the chambre de chasse, the three brothers were watching Finn as he paced triumphantly. "At the very least, this prison is a bit more comfortable than the box you held me in for almost nine hundred years?"

Klaus rolled his eyes, ignoring the comment as he gestured towards the animal heads upon the wall. "The heads are a nice touch. Let me guess - I'm the big, bad wolf?"

Finn raised an eyebrow.

"Kol, the wily fox. Elijah is the noble stag, and you, fittingly enough, are the boar! Bit obvious, as far as symbolism goes..." Klaus turned his head back to his brother, stifling a chuckle as Finn sighed in annoyance. "Why are we here? Don't tell me- it's about Mother? I didn't force her to drink blood and betray everything she holds dear. That was her choice."

"This isn't about Mother, this is about you. I want you to know how it feels to be powerless! So, I'm going to take the thing that matters most to you- the city you've come to love so much."

Elijah groaned, leaning back in his seat. "Are we quite done here? You will release us now."

"I will! After sundown. Because at sundown, when the marchers of Carillon Eve take to the streets, my barrier spell drops. Marcel and his hungry vampires will be unleashed to kill their way through the Quarter! I imagine that, after their atrocities, the supernatural community of New Orleans will be forced to find another place to call home." Finn smirked, although his face fell as neither of his brothers seemed concerned.

"Look, I don't care about the city. What I care about is that my very human body is laying at the feet of some very hungry vampires." Kol gestured towards his brothers. "Your fight is with them, it's not with me!"

Finn laughed. "All you care about is your own fragile mortality. But, what if you were made vulnerable? What then?"

He flicked his wrist, Kols body suddenly tensed as blood began to pour from his nose. "Okay. Point made. Now, nobody loves a joke like old fox-boy here, but if you could just get me back to my body-"

"I must confess, I rather enjoy watching you twist in the wind." Elijah smirked, pulling his handkerchief from his pocket and passing it to Kol. "Not unlike the way you left Rebekah, I imagine."

Finn grew interested at the mention of Rebekah as a gleeful smile spread across his face. "Yes! What did you do to Rebekah?"

"For goodness sake, she crossed me, so I crossed her back! Look, if you could just get me back to my body, I will tell anybody anything that they need to know!" Finn chuckled, rolling his eyes as he hit Kol with yet another spell.

"How narrow-minded of me! Rebekah. You don't know where she is, and the only thing standing between you and our sister is this selfish fool. Maybe it's time for you to go enjoy the rest of your mortal life while you still can." He made a fist with his hand, sending Kol back to his body. Elijah and Klaus both sat up, glancing around in confusion.

"So, what shall we talk about while we wait for nightfall?" he gasped mockingly. "Oh! I know! Let's talk about our parents."

"You know, I figured you wouldn't be kind to Mother, but imagine my surprise to learn that Mikael met the same fate! Bravo, brother." Klaus smirked, raising an eyebrow.