[ The Suit ]

CHAPTER 49
[ Arkansas, 2012 ]

Georgia was up early the next morning, full of life from the night before - finally saying all of the things she had wanted to say for months felt like a weight lifted from her chest. She was in the kitchen, making breakfast when Elijah made his way down the stairs.

"Rebekah, it's me again. Please call" Her head shot up as she fiddled with the food in the pan, her stomach erupting with butterflies at the sound of his voice. Elijah stepped in to the kitchen, a large smile soon plastered itself upon his face as he took in the sight before him. "Good morning"

He made his way across the kitchen, placing a hand on the small of her back as he brushed past gently. Georgia glanced over her shoulder, watching as he pulled a mug from the cupboard.

"How do you take your coffee?" Georgia grinned, shaking her head.

"I've already had one, don't want to have the shakes" she laughed softly, leaning against the counter opposite him. Elijah nodded, placing the mug back into the cupboard.

"I haven't heard anything from Rebekah, I'm becoming concerned" he frowned slightly, taking in her appearance. She was dressed in an oversized t-shirt, which hung loosely over her curves. Her hair lay lazily over one shoulder, loose waves remaining from the previous day. He loved seeing her like this, so carefree.

"I'm sure she's fine okay? Rebekah can handle anything" she smiled reassuringly, rubbing his arm gently. Elijah reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear.

"How is Hope this morning?" Georgias face lit up at the mention of the name.

"She's great, she's just napping in the living room." Elijah smiled, wrapping an arm around her waist.   She looked up at him, watching as his mouth twitched into a smile. "How are you? Sleep well?"

He smirked, chuckling softly as he shook his head. "I could have slept better, it was a bit lonely"

She rolled her eyes playfully, laughing. "Well last night you were warning me about giving into your temptations. I'm not going to facilitate that 'lijah."

"Then what are we doing now?" He raised an eyebrow.

Georgia laughed, shaking her head. "We are two friends - who have no feelings for one another - and we're making breakfast while being the best babysitters in the world. Speaking of, I'd like for her to sleep tonight so could you go wake her up?"

Elijah smiled, kissing her head as he pulled his arm from her waist and stepped into the living room. She smiled, watching in awe as he lifted Hope from her crib. He spoke softly to her as he carried her into the kitchen. Hope babbled happily back to him before she noticed Georgia. A wide smile spread across the baby's face, reaching out for her. Georgia grinned, taking her from Elijah's arms.

"Could you uh-" Her words caught in her throat as she glanced up at him. He was staring at them lovingly, adoration evident in his eyes. "...um watch the food"

He smiled. "Of course"

He lifted the spatula, checking the food as Georgia talked nonsense with hope. Elijah tried to remain focused on the food, but it was impossible. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, how contented she looked. He allowed himself for a moment to consider a world where a life like this was possible with Georgia, before reality set in and he realised that it would never be possible. Then his mother's words began to seep back in, he truly couldn't give her all that she wanted. The smile fell from his face, as he began to flip the food more vigorously.

The pan splashed back, marking the sleeve of his suit. His stare became emotionless as he began to aggressively rub at the stain with a cloth. Georgia glanced over at him, a frown settling on her face.