[ The Hex ]

CHAPTER 13[ New Orleans, 2011 ]

CHAPTER 13
[ New Orleans, 2011 ]

Georgia was in Lafayette, cleaning up her mothers grave. Despite everything that had happened in the weeks before her death, Georgia still made time to visit each week and leave a bunch of carnations. She couldn't deny the the guilt that had been pooling within her stomach for the last 8 months, she knew she was responsible for her death and Georgia was surprised it hadn't already eaten away at her from the inside. Sighing, she placed the flowers in the holder. She wiped the dust from her knees and made her way out of the Claire mausoleum.

Georgia couldn't help but overhear bickering from within a nearby crypt. "It's the only way!"

"Agnes, are you sure this is a good idea?" Sabines voice was clear. Georgia furrowed her eyebrows, keeping out of sight but listening intently.

"I am the last remaining Elder of our coven. It is my duty to protect our power, and our power means nothing if that baby grows another day, you're omen was clear. That baby will bring death to us all." Her eyes widened, knowing exactly what she had to do as she rushed from the cemetery and towards the Mikaelson plantation.

──────── ✧ ────────

"Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone's worried about impending daddy-hood." Rebekah remarked, noticing the book placed upon Klaus' lap.

"Nonsense." He shook his head. "Elijah's back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie-dust and float away!"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, grinning as Klaus smirked back at her. Upon hearing the conversation, Elijah made his way into the living area.

"Strange, I don't recall any pixie-dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure." He quipped, flipping through the pages of his mothers grimoire.

"What are you doing with Mother's spellbook?" She asked, sitting beside Klaus on the couch opposite her elder brother.

"Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from Mother's grimoire. To help her learn to control her magic. I thought we'd begin with a little unlinking spell." He smirked. Confusion evident on his siblings faces.

Rebekahs eyes widened upon her realisation. "Wait, you want to use her to unlink Hayley from Sophie Deveraux?"

"Sophie brought us here under false pretenses. She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions, she wants to take Davina back. So, she yolked her own cause to ours with magic, threats, and half-truths. Well, no more. As of now, our deal with Sophie Deveraux is null and void." Klaus smirked at the suggestion but his smirk soon faded as the older Claire witch burst into the room.

"Sorry for the lack of niceties but where is Hayley?" She blurted out, attempting to catch her breath as the siblings stared at her in disbelief.

"Where is she? Agnes is up to something and I think-"Georgia paused for a large breath resting her hands upon her knees as she hunched over. "I think she's going to hurt the baby."