[ The Sunshine ]

CHAPTER 39 [ New Orleans, 2012 ]

CHAPTER 39
[ New Orleans, 2012 ]

Marcel and Elijah were now stood within his studio apartment. Elijah made no effort to make himself comfortable as he had no intention of staying longer than he needed to, while Marcel sat back upon his couch. "The stake is safe. Davina won't use it on Klaus if it would kill me."

Elijah chuckled, turning on his heel. "Of course, she has no reason whatsoever not to use it on me."

"I guess you better behave!" He smirked. "And you better hope Georgia doesn't find out about D having that stake. If she doesn't already."

Elijah rolled his eyes, disregarding his snide remarks. "And how long before someone else should make this discovery? What if it falls into enemy hands?"

Marcels smug look was wiped from his face as he became more concerned about their predicament and sat up. "I'll get her to give the stake back! Alright? Just give me some time."

"Unfortunately, Marcel, unlike these wretched souls that you recruit here, your promises do little to inspire my faith. One way or another, Davina will comply."

"Look. Hey, do you ever wonder why your family has so many enemies? It's because you make stupid moves like this! It really makes me wonder how the hell I ever survived you people-" Marcel sighed in frustration, beginning to speak again when he was cut off.

"Marcel!" Both men recognised the voice, and the severity of what was to come as Georgia stormed into the room. "What the hell are you doing? Recruiting my baby sister to do you and the Mikaelson's dirty work-"

Her words caught in her throat as she took in the figure stood in the corner, dressed in his signature tailored suit. Elijah couldn't take his eyes from her, and frankly, he didn't want to. She looked as beautiful as ever, her hair was now more golden than it once was - the bright summer sun reflecting from her loose curls.

Marcel attempted to diffuse the tension within the room as he spoke up. "Look G-"

"I should have known you were behind this." She stepped further into the room, closer to the man that she wished to never see again. "I mean my first thought was Klaus, but this makes more sense"

"Your sister holds the weapon that can erase vampires from this earth entirely, forgive me for trying to get that back" Elijah's words were laced with venom despite the whisper of love within his eyes.

Georgia laughed sarcastically. "Davina has the white oak stake? Give it a rest Elijah."

"She does" her head whipped around to look at Marcel as he spoke up.

"And why do you think that?" She raised an eyebrow, looking between the men.

"Because she does"

She rolled her eyes, looking towards Marcel in hopes of a better answer. "Elijah came here demanding that I get it back for him so I called D, and she didn't seem too concerned about you know... me possibly dying. So we're pretty certain she has it."