Chapter 14 - Thinking

-----

Luffy was sitting on a railing of the Moby Dick, huffing annoyed. His straw hat on his raven locks, swaying lightly in the wind. Thatch came out of the doors to the hallways, carrying a box. He placed it near a wall, wiping sweat from his forehead. He glanced at the ocean and then noticed the angel. Thatch smiled and walked to him. Luffy noticed him and beamed.

"Thatch!" He hugged the older man.

"Heya, Luffy... What's up?" Thatch broke the hug, frowning at the teenager's expression. Luffy's smile faded, and he turned to the ocean again.

"Um... nothing..." He whined, prompting his chin on his palm.

"I see that something is wrong." Thatch shook his head. Luffy looked at him from under his straw hat. He glanced back at the blue ocean. The Moby Dick was sailing through the Paradise, doing their usual cruise. Ace will need to catch them when he will be going back from his mission, so Luffy will need to wait another week or so.

"I'm bored..." Luffy murmured. Thatch sighed, leaning with his back on the railing.

"Right, it is the first time that Ace has been gone for more than a day." Thatch glanced at the teen again.

"Yeah..." The angel shifted, his legs hanging now. The white gown he is wearing, fluttering in the wind. Luffy spread his wings. The chef observed him and then turned to the deck again. "Do you... think he'll be alright?" Luffy looked at the brunette again. Thatch smiled, ruffling the raven's hair.

"Of course he will. He is strong." Thatch assured him.

"But he is also stubborn." Luffy frowned. The cook's eyes widened.

"Yeah I guess..."

"Ace will not turn around if someone challenges him." Having lived with the demon for over 10 years, he got to learn his habits and personality overall. Ace is ambitious and daring. "He might cause some trouble..." Luffy snorted. Thatch tilted his head.

"He might... But that will be his lesson, won't it?" The man turned to place his arms on the railing, looking up at the angel. Luffy turned away.

"Hm..." He hummed.

"Pops is not dumb. Ace will be alright." Thatch assured him once again. The silence continued until Marco landed on the deck, changing from his phoenix form. Luffy jumped down the railing, running up to the blonde and hopping in his arms.

"Marco!" He hugged his head. The blonde struggled a bit before grabbing Luffy's gown and making some space for air to his poor lungs. "Marcooo!" Luffy whined, still hugging the phoenix's head.

"Luffy..." Marco sighed. Thatch closed to them, laughing.

"Mother hen, your child is bored." He snickered, and Marco didn't even notice the joke. He grabbed Luffy's arms and placed him on the ground, looking at his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ace is not here! I wanna do something!" Luffy begged for an occupation. Marco sweatdropped.

"Well, you can try fishing?" Marco tilted his head, Luffy followed and tilted his head too.

"Fishing? No! Boring!" Luffy exclaimed. The crew that was on the deck now looked at them with a snicker on their faces. Marco narrowed his eyes. Luffy whined more, moving from side to side.

"Cards?"

"No!"

"Tag?"

"Played with Haru!"

"Hide and seek?"

"Hm..." Luffy stopped his whining. "Yeah!" He exclaimed. Marco sighed in relief. The angel quickly took some people with him and entered the ship, disappearing in the hallway. Marco stood, looking at him, before Thatch closed in on him and smirked.