Chapter 9 - Decision

Hi, sorry it took me so long to even write a chapter. I had a time in my life where many thoughts came to me and I couldn't focus on one book. I just couldn't write like I had with my other book "For You To The End Of The World", there I had such motivation that I managed to post 3 chapters a day. With this book it's kind of different but I still have a plan for it (a piece of plan) cuz I write my fanfics with a plan for an ending but not for the plot, LMAO. Well, maybe now I will focus on this only to finally end this fic. Thank you for waiting and reading.

-----

"Ace!" Luffy exclaimed as the freckled demon went through the doors to the infirmary. The angel flung himself at the boy, causing not only Ace but Marco and Izou to gasp too.

"Oi!" Ace was trying to take Luffy off of him, but to no avail. Luffy was hugging him closely, he just gave up.

"Luffy, be careful, Ace has just been bandaged." Marco sweatdropped.

"Oh." Luffy quickly let Ace go, but he still stood close to the demon boy.

"What do you want." Ace narrowed his eyes. Luffy laughed. Something stopped him and he stared at the freckled boy. "W-What?"

"You have pretty eyes." Luffy pointed with a grin. Izou smiled. Marco stepped to his side and patted his shoulder for them to leave the boys alone for some time, but still keep them at an eyesight.

"P-Pretty?!' Ace flushed and backed away. Luffy followed him closely.

"Yeah!" Ace was still backing while Luffy was catching him up everytime. They were walking in circles, Ace finally gave up and stood.

"You...seriously." Ace sighed.

"Hm?" Luffy tilted his head.

The Whitebeard Pirates were on the deck. The captain, Edward Newgate, was watching the two little boys talk to each other with a fond smile. Marco noticed his stare and smiled, turning to the old man.

"Luffy really likes Ace." He stated. Newgate looked down at his first mate and then back at the two. He nodded, placing his knuckles on his scalp.

"Yeah...they already seem close."

"Do you really want to leave Ace on the safe island?" Marco asked. Whitebeard's eyes closed.

"You know what I think." He smiled and looked at his son. Marco smirked.

"I guess we don't need any more new supplies." The phoenix shrugged and walked away, leaving the large man to laugh.

"Gurararara!" He drank some booze.

"How old are you, Ace?" Luffy asked.

"I'm seven." He murmured. The angel grinned widely.

"I'm four!" He exclaimed. Ace blinked for a few seconds.

"You're young." The boy looked down. Luffy was laughing and giggling. They were sitting on the floor, talking. Soon, evening came.

"Luffy, Ace!" Thatch exclaimed to the two boys.

"Huh?" Ace perked up.

"Tat!" Luffy hugged the brown-haired as he came to them.

"Tat?" Ace repeated, looking at the man in question.

"Hi, we never got to introduce ourselves. I'm Thatch." The cook placed Luffy on the ground, crouching to Ace's level. The demon huffed, looking away. "So cold!" Thatch laughed.

"Tat!" Luffy jumped, gaining his attention.

"Yeah?" The man was caressing his neck.

"Will Ace stay with us?" Luffy clenched his little fists and had stars in his eyes. The demon boy's eyes widened and his breath caught in his throat.