|30|: Close/قریب

Start from the beginning

"Shit....no that's not what I meant."

She felt hands grabbing her shoulder before she was face to face with him. There wasn't a much greater height gap between them. She reached his shoulders, but still he towers with all his glory. Feeling a feather touch on her skin, she felt her head being lifted up. His eyes were zooming in on her. Tucking a loose strand behind her ears, he rasped

"Bht pyari lag rehi hu."
(You look so beautiful)

Heat crept up her cheeks as she felt his hand gently rubbing the back of her neck. His cologne wafted past her nostrills and she was desperate to have an inhale. Breathing deeply to conquer control over her mind, she slightly pushed at his chest. He didn't budge, of course. Instead, he pulled her closer by her waist. A gasp escaped her lips as his head dipped and rest in the crook of her neck. A sigh left his lips while his arms got tighter around her. Her shaking hands reached out to him and she locked them behind his neck. Unconsciously, her hand went to the wound on his shoulder. Pressing lightly on it, she heard him hiss.

"Is it hurting?"

She asked worried for him. He lightly shook his head, denying her worries.

"Are you tired?"

"Not for you." His answer caused butterflies to swarm in her stomach and she, this time, tightened her hold on him. It felt good to be this close to him. To have his strong arms wrapped around her like a vice grip.

She felt like she belongs there. In his arms. In his calming embrace.

"Let me get ready and then we'll leave."

He finally left her and she felt bad for him. He looks exhausted, but he went in the closet to get ready. Some while later, the door to the bathroom closed and she waited while still feeling butterflies everywhere in her body.
~~~~~~~~~~~

The bathroom door creaked open and he came out dressed in a beige dress shirt and white pants. The combination highlighted his dark eyes and hairs. Rolling the sleeves to his elbows and applying his cologne, he turned to his wife who was already looking at him. Nodding at her, they both walked downstairs.

"You are going somewhere?"

Narmeen's tight voice reached his ears. Her eyes dug holes in the figure standing next to him. Bad blood!

"We're going out to eat."

The answer didn't sit well with her. She narrowed her eyes on her son and shook her head.

"You should've told me beforehand."

He sighed. He doesn't know how long will it take for his mother to move past the fact that he married a girl outside of their social standards. Grabbing her hand in his, he left the room.

"She looked upset."

He heard his wife say. Her gaze was focused on the house. Shaking his head, he said

"She'll come around, don't worry."

He opened her side of the door and helped her adjust her dupatta before rounding the car and taking his designated driver's seat. He started the engine and silence fell between them.

"Where are we going?"

He looked at her while she was busy looking at the passing trees.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

She smiled and looked at him. He passed her a small smile in return and continued their ride in comfortable silence.

The car stopped and a surprised gasp escaped her lips. A dazzling smile carved his lips as he looked at her admiring the dark blue waters.