Part Two, Chapter Eleven

I sat on the ground and meditated. What happened today has shocked me yet I knew that I'll have to accept it. However my questions now are who is this Dragon king and where are Solemina and Naia? I really hope that they aren't in trouble, but I'm pretty sure they already are. I do not trust them one bit. As for the Dragon King, Draco, I don't even want to imagine what kind of relationship he had had with Victoria before we reincarnated. Speaking of which, what about me? Did I have any sort of partner? I grimaced at the thought. No, absolutely not, I don't even want to think about it. Recollecting my thoughts, I stood up and pulled my now silver hair up to a ponytail. While doing so I took out my phone and checked for any internet connections. Unfortunately, there was none. Sighing, I took out a little journal from my backpack where I wrote letters to myself. This letter today will probably be the craziest one yet.

9/10/2023

Dear Alizeh Talon,

I don't know if what happened is real or not. However I wish that when I read this letter again everything will be back to reality. Today, I learned that I was a deity. The Deity of Air, Deity Erin. I also discovered that Victoria Bai is now the Deity of Life and Death, Deity Valerie. Of course, we don't call each other by that name, yet it is still odd to believe that we were incarnations of goddesses. I have no idea what else to say but I wish before anything bad happens I want to meet my foster parent again.

Signed,

Alizeh Talon

I miss my mother dearly, I haven't seen her for days. I understand that she wasn't my real birth mother, but we were close enough to be. Taking off my wing shaped necklace that had hung from my neck after I entered this world. I caressed it gently. It was a gift from my birth parents and my foster mother. Initially, my necklace was half of a pair of angel wings. My parents had found it on the hill where they first met. I wore it even after being separated from them. After my foster mother found me, she made an exactly identical wing that fitted perfectly onto my necklace as a birthday gift. Who would have thought that this necklace of mine would've been the key to this magical universe? A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Who is it?" I asked, while putting my necklace back on.

"Victoria," she replied.

I stood up and opened the door. "What is it?" I asked.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight? I don't want to sleep by myself tonight," she said quietly.

I hestatied, sleepovers were not my cup of tea. However after seeing how nervous Victoria seemed, I agreed. Victoria smiled slightly and sat on the ground near my bed. She took off the ring Draco had given her, and getured for me to sit next to her. I sighed, if my guess was right she wanted to talk about Draco. Regarding how much I disliked talking about boys, or in this case, a man, I sat next to her.

"I remembered something from the past, and you won't like it," she said shyly.

I groaned but didn't say anything. What could I say? That I didn't want to hear another word about this Dragon King?

"So, basically I believe Deity Valerie and him were married," Victoria started slowly while examining my expression.

"Victoria, as weird as it is, you can say I, when talking about Deity Valerie. After all, they were us," I told her in a nonchalantly manner.

I saw her face turn grim, and continued, "You're not mad?"

"What can I do about the past?" I snorted, though I couldn't remember anything, the fact that we were friends remained. As a result, to calm Victoria down a bit, I continued, "Anyways, I have to say I'm not as worried. I probably agreed since I'm not the kind who would just let my friend be married to a horrible person."