ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

The serene winter blizzard swept relentlessly through the Empire's army camp, transforming the landscape into a realm of tranquil chaos. With every breath, warm mist mingled with the frigid air, becoming one with the frosty tableau. As the sun dipped below the horizon, the entire scene bathed in a rosy hue, as if nature itself painted the world in soft, pastel tones.

Amid this frozen panorama, a small contingent of soldiers moved determinedly, forging their path through layers of snow. Their steadfast leader, with her striking cobalt hair and piercing ice-blue eyes, led the way.

"Keep moving! Press forward!"

"Yes, General Esdeath!"

The soldiers obeyed without hesitation, understanding that questioning their commanding officer was a luxury they couldn't afford.

They followed General Esdeath, her cold beauty mirroring the harsh climate around them.

"Halt."

General Esdeath's command was a soft whisper, yet it brought the troops to an immediate standstill. The Ice Queen surveyed the vast, frozen tundra, her eyes scanning the surroundings with an almost unnatural intensity.

"It's here."

With deliberate steps, General Esdeath ventured forth, signaling her soldiers to remain behind. She advanced alone into the winter's grasp, her cobalt hair billowing in the biting wind. After traversing one final snow dune, she perched herself atop a lofty mound, affording her a commanding vantage point.

From here, she surveyed the terrain.

"My instincts tell me... it's very close."

General Esdeath's trained eyes caught a glimmering object nestled in the snow, about a kilometer away. It sparkled like a frozen jewel in the landscape.

She inhaled deeply, her breath forming a fleeting cloud in the freezing air. Sliding down the mound, she set off toward the shining object. The distance closed with every stride, and the anticipation in her chest grew.

A hundred meters remained between Esdeath and her goal, its radiance unmistakable. Her smile broadened, acquiring a sinister edge, as she closed the gap.

Then, as the gap dwindled to mere meters, Esdeath's hands reached out to claim her treasure. Her trembling fingers clutched the golden pocketwatch.

"At last..."

Esdeath's exhilaration was palpable as she slowly opened the pocketwatch. Yet, her joy was short-lived.

The pocketwatch broke open, and a piece of paper fluttered out. Esdeath's expression soured instantly.

Her fingers carefully caught the note, and she unfurled it.

'General Esdeath, XOXO ~~ '

Esdeath's countenance remained cold, but a simmering fury brewed deep within her. Her grip on the fake pocketwatch in her left hand tightened until it snapped in two.

"He's taken it," she murmured with a chilling resolve, letting the shattered replica fall to the ground. "He's stolen the genuine watch."

Her eyes turned to the wintry heavens, her thoughts honing in on the elusive Teigu Pocketwatch.

Her lips parted, and she uttered words as icy as her intent.

"..... (F/N) stole the world's most coveted Teigu."

[ ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ]