~ Chapter Twenty Three ~

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He sighed.

"I'm sorry. I'll come back home with you" he said.

"You need to be with family and you need some extra TLC. Don't shut yourself off. Let us take care of you and help you heal." She said softly brushing his hair from his forehead.

He nodded and leaned into her hand. He felt the floodgates wobble as tears prickled his eyes. He had been holding things in for so long. She was right he needed to heal.

She turned away and he saw movement in his peripheral vision. He whirled around to look at the windows that lined the upper floor.

"What is it?" Jimin asked, looking at him staring at the windows.

"I'm not sure. I thought I saw..... Nevermind" Tae answered looking back at the bride and groom to be, smiling at each other as they practiced their wedding kiss. Sua was giggling as Jungkook kept switching positions to kiss her.

They were waiting for Jin hyung who was bringing the pastor with him, to show up so that they could start the rehearsal.

Tae was feeling the familiar tingling sensation at the back of his mind. Something was not right and he needed to check it out.

"I need to use the bathroom." He announced, walking away towards the stairs that led upstairs.

He quickly climbed the stairs two at a time and headed towards the window where he had seen it. He reached behind himself to pull out the gun he had taken to carry around with him.

Her Gun.

The gun he had escaped with when she had shot him in her apartment. The ornate J on the handle twinkled in the darkness.

He walked down the hallway towards the small room at the very end. It had no door, so Tae entered silently. He saw a hooded figure huddled near a corner window with a gun pointing outside.

Taehyung's blood turned to ice as he froze in his tracks.

Their men had emptied the church and secured the building before they came in. His brothers were paranoid with security. Especially where Sua was concerned.

As he walked further inside, the floor board creaked under his foot and the person whipped around to point the gun at him.

His heart stopped as he stared into the beautiful honey brown eyes.

"Jia" he whispered.

His knees felt like they were about to give out. But he held on to the gun, pointing it her like she was pointing hers at him.

"Tae?" Her voice cracked.

"W-what are you doing?" He struggled to speak. His ears were ringing, his heart was beating so fast, he felt it might jump out of his chest. Only adrenaline was keeping him standing at this point.

"I need to do it. I have to. He will kill my sister if I don't. I have to kill Sua" Jia answered. Her voice was robotic, unemotional and cold.

Tae stared at her in horror. "No! You can't" He held the gun a little tighter.

"I don't have a choice. Not anymore" She said as she looked out the window from the corner of her eyes.

"No! I can't let you do that. Please, Jia. Put the gun down. I can help you." He begged.

"No one can help me now. Shoot me if you have to. But with my last breath of life I will still kill her" Jia promised.

Taehyung's heart cracked. He knew he couldn't shoot her. He couldn't shoot anyone that's why he never carried a gun. But he couldn't lose Sua. It would break them all apart. It would kill Jungkook.