~ Chapter Twelve ~

Jia had just finished her dinner and was cleaning up the kitchen. Tae had asked her to go home for the night so she could pack for their trip to Jeju Island tomorrow.

The event for their resort was on Friday but they had a dinner party to attend the day before. They planned to leave early the next morning and so Jia had come home and packed and cleaned up the space a little. Most of her clothes and toiletries were now at the penthouse which she could pick up tomorrow morning.

A part of her was very excited about this little trip. It was a chance for them to spend some uninterrupted time together and work on whatever was going on.

Tae was still distracted and distant but he was starting to let his guard down again. He held her close even in his sleep. He was always a snuggler but the last couple of nights he held her so tight, almost suffocating her like she would disappear if he let go. She wasn't used to it but it did feel good.

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to let someone in for a change. She had isolated herself for so long it had become second nature to her.

But Tae was different.

She caught herself thinking about him at odd times, holding him close through his nightmares, wanting to ease his pain, take on his burdens as her own.

It surprised her how much he had come to mean to her in the short span that she had known him.

She realised she missed him. She had gotten used to being with him in his penthouse everyday. She barely came to her apartment anymore.

Being alone at the apartment had also given her an opportunity to speak to her sister. Eun-ji had gone on and on about her date and the amazing new boy who had asked her out.  Jia was happy her sister was living a normal happy college life without any care in the world. That is what she had always wanted for her.

A normal life.

Something Jia herself would never have.

She sighed as she picked up her phone which had pinged.

Her heart skipped a beat. It was a text from her uncle.

Update on the mission.

Jia quickly pulled up her emails on her phone and scrolled through them until she found the one she was looking for.

She opened the mail with trepidation. Her heart beating out of her chest.

✉️✉️✉️

Mission Kim Seokjin has been put on hold until further notice.

New Target Assigned: Kim Taehyung.

Brief:We have received information that Kim Taehyung will be attending the event for the resort on Friday

Brief:
We have received information that Kim Taehyung will be attending the event for the resort on Friday.
I'm aware that you do not undertake public assassinations.
Hence, arrangements for a sniper have been made.