CHAPTER-24

RISHIKA'S POV

I gasped as I saw Xander's body being thrashed in the ice rink. His right arm hits the corner so hard that I am sure he definitely have got a fracture or dislocated arm.

I am quick on my feets, collecting my phone and bag I started walking towards exit when I bumped into my new clients with whom I had this discussion meeting in a cafe near campus. He is a tall fair blonde with a foul mouth. He is in his early 30s and still can't keep his misogynistic judgements to himself but just because his father is one of the person who I will have a use in future I can't offend him.

"Whoa Ms Rajvansh. You seem very egar to be in my arms I must say" he said with a smirk. He has his hand on my shoulder that I didn't realized until he squeezed it. I am in to hurry to deal with him
I stepped back jerking his hands away .

"Mr Grayson I have to be somewhere urgently. Let's meet sometimes else I will contact your secretary " I said. I was about to step out when he blocked my way.
"Now now this is not how we do business do we Ms Rajvansh" he said putting his hands in pockets.

"I am sorry for my unprofessional behavior but I request if you could do me this favor I would be grateful " I pleaded.
"I am the one who has to run a company Ms Rajvansh not you. That's why I say woman should not do the business if they can't manage things well. I would have to inform my father about this and we are canceling this deal" he said shaking his head.

Asshole
I have to keep up with him. Only if his father asshole no. 1 wasn't important for me i would have kicked his ass. I am worried about my friend and I do want to go to him right now but I know there are people who are with him and dealing with this Asshole is important now.

I sighed.
"Lets get done with this meeting I can't afford to loss clients like you can I" I said gritting my teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That son of an asshole. He knew I was in hurry but he took his sweet time with this meeting. It took 3 hours for me to clear his doubts and yet he has asked me to meet him again once I prepare a structure.

I ring the bell of hockey house. Instead of going home they brought Xander here from campus. I had messaged Ashton asking him about Xander before leaving the cafe.

Sam opens the front door for me. I first hugged her and then entered. It has become a ritual between us to hug each other first whenever we meet.

"What's in the bag?" She asked from behind.
I walked further into the house.The hockey house is your typical American frat house that you must have seen in movies.
Every wall painted in cream color. With a big living room . A kitchen in your right where everyone is. I walked towards them
"Nothing for you" I said as I felt sam trying to snatch the bag from my hand.

"You are asshole you know right" she said
"Yes I know" I replied
"This is for you" I said as I handed the bag to Xander. He is sitting on a kitchen bar stole with Joe on his right and a guy I don't know on his left.
He looked confusingly at me and then peaks inside the bag. His face broke into a hug grin
"Thanku R " he said with a cheeky smile.

"What is it what is it show me too" Sam said trying to peak into the bag.
Xander immediately closes the bag and looks at her.
"Fuck off its nothing" he said
"R what is it?" Sam asked looking at me
"Something our xan baby here has a liking of"I said winking at xander

Xander bites the side of his cheek to stop himself from smiling.
"Saala angrez " I heard someone.
I whirl in my seat to look back. I saw Ashton waking with an Asian guy. It's been a while since I have heard someone talk in hindi and it sounds so good .

I was staring at that guy and he was staring back at me in surprise. I look at his left to Ashton.  I nod at him in acknowledgement and he nods back.

"Indian?" I heard the guy beside Ashton say. I turn towards him and nod.
"Oye hoye tera naam kya?" He asked enthusiastic
"Rishika aur tera?" I asked him
"Jai" he answered.
He walks up to me and tries to hug me when we heard a throat clear from behind.

Jai steps back and looks at his back. I tilt my head to look at the person behind him.
Ashton. He is glaring at jai. I look at Xander and Sam and found them controlling their laugh.
I look back at him chuckling. Oh it looks like someone is jealous. Or am I being delusional.

When he notices all of us looking at him wiggling brows. He looks here and there scratching his neck.
He walks where Xander is sitting and passes him a sling.

I was looking at Ashton amusingly when I heard jai
"So Rishika from which state are you?"
"Rajasthan" I said turning to jai
"Mai Delhi " he said putting his hand up for a highfy.

"What's with this much liqur here?" I asked ashton pointing at the kitchen corner where atleast 10 cart of beer is.

"Arey jo aaj ka match tha that has been postpond till tomorrow and we are definitely gonna win toh usse celebrate karne kae liye" jai answers sitting next to me.
I looked at the liquor then him
"How are you so sure?" I asked putting my elbow on the counter leaning forward.
Jai smirks and looks at Ashton and rest of the hockey team present in the living with a knowing look.

I look at Ashton to see a small smirk on his face as well. His eyes meets mine . I raise my brow asking what does this means.
He shrugs.
~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS POV

"She looks happy" Sam said looking at Rishika
Joe hums kissing Sam's cheek and shifts closer to her. He looks at Ashton and a chuckle escapes his mouth. Sam look at him questioningly he nudges his head in ashtons to Ashton. Sam looks at Ashton which makes her smirk.

"He is jealous" Sam stated
"From the way he is glaring he definitely is" Joe replies keeping his hand on Sam's thigh.

They both are sitting on the couch looking back and forth between Ashton who is still sitting in the kitchen glaring at jai and rishika who are sitting next to each other. He doesn't look that fond of this bond formed in the speed of light between Rishika and jai.

It's been 2 hours since Rishika came here. She and jai has clicked pretty well. They have been talking everything and anything catching up like lost best friends.

Rishika laughs at something jai said making Ashton clench his fist tighter and jaw tighten.
Ashton felt a hand on his shoulder he looks up and sighs in defeat closing his eyes.
"If looks could kill" Sam and Joe said together smirking.