CHAPTER-27

ASHTON'S POV

I sighed closing my eyes.
Yesterday's incident keeps on replying in my head. That smile on her face comes flashing in my eyes making my heart fluttered. This is what has been happening with me lately. How much ever I try to stay away from her ignore her existence fuck I even went to my home so that I could avoid looking at her.

"Hey Ash what ya doing here?" I heard a familiar voice behind
I turn to look at Jai and nod at him.
"Your dinner is in fridge" I said looking down at my phone ignoring his question
"Okay. What are you watching?" He said trying to peak in my phone
I glare at him making him stand straight
He makes an okay gesture by fingers walking backwards toward fridge

He was about to say some nonsense when the door bell rang
I stood up to open the door.
"Hey" Rishika said looking up waving her hand with a grin but her eyes tells a different story. She looks exhausted.
I just nod and stepped aside letting her in closing the door behind.
"Oye Rishika" I heard jai shout
She laughed.

I saw both of them sitting side by side laughing at something talking in some foreign language that Kris told me is hindi.
A sense of jealousy run through me making me glare at both of them just a moment ago she looked exhausted and now she is laughing with this Asshole.

I clear my throat getting both of their attention. They looks up at me and went back to whatever they were talking about.
"Aren't you here for work?" I said walking up to both of them
I discreetly tried peaking inside jai's phone to see what they were laughing at.

"Yeah let get work done first, jai let's talk later" she said taking out her laptop.
Jai looks at me narrowing his eyes and walks back to his room
I was about to sit when I saw my reflection on cabinet.
I had a smug smile on my face which was fortunately unnoticed by her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what are the things we are suppose to do?" She asked
I passed her a file which had our schedule written.
" I have an habit of making a whole brain plan for every project I do" I said
She nods and continue reading.
"For this fest we both have to do every technical work. First we need to make a team of 20 people.
We have to take care of music and sound, lighting and projection". I explained

She takes out a pen and start scribbling something on the sheet.
"Okay we will do as you have planned but there will be few changes I am writing them here" she said
I nod letting her do whatever she wants.

My phone rang.
I stood up answering the call.
"Ash where are you two?" Kris said from other line
"We are working. Why?" I replied
"Come to theater with her we are all watching movie day" he said
"Let me ask her" I said
"She knows must have forgotten come quick" he said hanging up the call

"Lets go" I said walking up to the couch collecting my stuff
She looks confusingly at me
"Theater " I said
Realization comes across her face
She stood up quickly stuffing her laptop mumbling curses.
I took her bag from her hand and put her stuff in nicely.
"I totally forgot sam called me last night only" she said wearing her shoes

I look at her seeing if she is ready. Once she wore her shoes I started walking out with her following behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some romantic bollywood movie is playing which name I don't know but it's a nice movie not that I will admit.
Since the time Rishika has been with us we all have become fan of bollywood.

I felt weight on shoulder, I tilt my head a little to see Rishika's head on my shoulder. I tilt my head a little more to see her face, her eyes are closed and soft snores can be heard.
A soft flick of hair cames over her face making her frowns in sleep.
I brush my finger tip over and put it behind her ear. Her head was about to fall because of sudden movement I quickly put my hand under to support her.

She is so deep in slumber that she didn't woke up. Thankfully
I kept her head back on my shoulder.

After an hour the movie ends credits are rolling over. Our friends stood up and gasped dramatically.
Sam and Joe makes aww faces side hugging each other.
Kris makes kisses face
And Xander has this knowing smile on his face .
They all took out their phone and clicked photos even after so much of my protest that consist of glares and curses.

I was about to wake Rishika up when sam stops me.
"Let her" Sam said stroking Rishika's hair
"Hmm she looks so exhausted " Joe said removing his jacket putting it on her
"I just can't understand why does she works so much?" Kris said looking at her worryingly.
"She doesn't even eat breakfast Jessa told me" Xander said
"Yea- wait Jessa when did you talked to her?" Kris asked

Xander turns red and looks here and there. We all stiffly laughed not wanting to disturb the sleeping koala.
I stood up from my seat and scoop her in my arms. Her head rests on shoulder and arms around my neck.

Sam pulls Joe's jacket over her nicely so it doesn't falls and tugs one corner under my arm.
I walked out of theater ignoring all the curious looks and my erratically beating heart.

Xander open the door for me and helps me settle her in the car. I buckle her up in passenger seat.
"You all go. I will fetch something for us to eat don't worry " I said looking at them.
We all had planned to eat out today and I don't want to ruin it so I will take Rishika her home and order something there for both of us.

They all argued to join us but nevertheless agreed to go.

Throughout the ride I kept on glancing her way. Thinking of all the possible reason behind the way she behaves sometimes. Those fake smiles and exhausted sighs doesn't go unnoticed by me. I just wish she shares what's going on her life with us.

I feel like behind this happy persona she shows us is something that's so deep and disturbing that she is scared to share with us.

I use to be so prideful about my ability to read people but from the time I have seen her I can't just break things up.

I will wait until she tell me or any of us about her worries, her demons but till that time I will just stand in a side looking after her. When things comes to her I have this urge to protect her from the world and I know if time comes I am ready to fight against anything in this world for her without even her asking me to.

"Where are we?" Rishika said in a raspy voice
Her sleepy voice sound sexy.
Shut the fuck up Ashton get out of it cursing myself mentally I glanced at, her. She is rubbing her eyes violently. I put my hand on her stopping her.
"On our way to your home" I answered keeping her hand on her lap.

"Oh what about others where are they?" She asked taking out her phone from pocket
"They must at some restaurant for dinner " I said
"Holy shit. I am so sorry because of me you- you should have woke me up. Such a bummer I am" she started rambling
"Stop" I said
She looks confusingly at me
"Stop rambling" I said taking right turn.