CHAPTER 7

RISHIKA'S POV

"You aren't going anywhere and that's final do you get it " my father shouted
Brother walks to his room fuming .
Me and mumma are siting at the dining confused whether we should continue eating or go calm the two fuming hulks.
It's been two week . Two weeks of this daily heated argument.
Bhai wants to go to USA and start his own pharma production business.

Dad is not against his idea of starting business its just he wants bhai to start his business in India only. Dad has always been protective towards both of us.
He is right from his point of view he doesn't want his son to go to a foreign land where he has no connections in.

But bhai doesn't want that he wants to make his own name without any connections.
And for the first time I guess I totally agree with him. Even if bhai starts his business in india without dad's name no one will take him seriously and taunt him for using dad's connection behind his back. Because of that daily argument are happening.

Today is no different we were all siting at the dining .
Eating dinner when unintentionally I mentioned a news about USA and news flash they started arguing.
I look at mumma eyes asking inderctly whether we should eat or follow them .

"Beta let us both complete then you go to your bhai and I will go to your dad"
She said putting a spoon of dal rice in my mouth.

I nod my head chewing .
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
I enter bhai 's room cautiously . He is sitting on his bed leaning his head on headboard. His eyes closed he is rubbing his head with his fingers.

"Bhai" I called him . Walking over the side he is sitting.  I sit down on his bed crossing my legs Indian style.

"Kya hua yha kyu aai hai?" he asked his eyes still closed.
(What happened, why are you here)
"Bhai let me ask you just one question answer it honestly "I said
He just nods his head.

"Did you ever told dad your reasons calmly instead of declaring your discussion ?" I asked him . He instantly sits up.
He shakes his head in no . I give him a knowing look and put the maggie plate I made for him in his hand . Nudeling my head asking him to eat.

"Dekha mere Bina kya he hoga tera"
(What will happen to you without me)
I said taunting him .
He clucking put a forkful of noodle in my mouth.

He put another fork full in his mouth "Han han kya he hoga bss life easier ho jaegi meri" he said mockingly
(Yes yes what would have happened it might just have been more easier)

I smack his head .
After few moments of comfortable silent .
"Seriously Dumbo you are right I should talk to him more calmly. He might understand me right" he said nervously putting the now empty plate beside lampstand.
"Hmm he will you know dad he is just overprotective but he will come around sooner or later" I said noding my head positively.

He sighed and pull me in a hug me . I hug him back .
"Don't worry if he won't, we are planning your eloping next" I said jokingly.
Both of us bursting in fits of laughs.

Suddenly he stops laughing and his body starts to feel heavy.  I tried pushing him as his body felt wet as if soaked with water.

I felt something wet on my hands and I look down, my eyes widen in horror. Both of us are covered in blood. I lift my hands trying to push him harder. Tears falling from my eyes . My breath heavy.  I feel piercing pain in right hand. I am screaming,  crying for my brother to wake up but he isn't moving. I lift my hand up my right thumb. My right thumb is not there.