Destruction II: Charity Case.

It was a bright and bustling morning as the college students arrived at the Gale Corporation communication office tower, eager to explore the cutting-edge technologies and innovations housed within the towering structure. 

As the students entered the building, Maya glared across the sea of heads to see Abhimanyu veer away from the rest of the group and made his way to the electronics store, peering over the I-phones.

"So..." Maya thought ruefully "He has no interest in proving himself to the teachers who are on the lookout to evaluate potential candidates for the student council, huh? Well..That surely makes my job easier." 

That should have made her feel relieved and motivated to make gold on this opportunity. But she felt...insulted. Rueful that this would be an easy win, rueful that she couldn't prove herself to be the bets because her competition had given her the win. Like Charity.

"Forget about him!" Maya thought, shaking her head violently as through that were to shake the distractions form her mind "It's his loss."

As the sun scaled higher and hotter into the sky, She dashed between students, offering assistance wherever it was needed. Maya escorted a girl to the sickroom, stopping to break up a heated argument in the hallway. She expertly negotiated a truce between the Cricket and Football clubs, who were feuding over practice field time.

Maya also took it upon herself to reprimand students in the hallways for dress code violations and bullying others. Her dedication to maintaining order and fostering a positive environment did not go unnoticed. Jagruti, a skilled photographer, was capturing all of Maya's actions for her presidential campaign, admiration evident in her eyes.

Amidst Maya's relentless efforts, a boy grew frustrated with her interference and attempted to throw a punch at her. However, Maya's quick reflexes and incredible physical strength surprised everyone as she effortlessly blocked the attack. The boy retreated, tail between his legs, leaving a trail of respect and adoration from the girls he had been harassing.

All was going well. A little too well. This was too easy. Maya didn't like it.

The class was buzzing with excitement as they entered the Gale tower.

The whole class groaned as the teacher led them towards the elevator to go up to the first office floor where a compony employee would explain the structure and technology of the tower. To everybody else, this was just a boring "educational" Feld trip that was a free pass out of school; but to Maya, this was a golden ticket to her first "A+" of the year. She'd done her research, had "hungout" with former alumni of Savarkar college and knew that the first day of school field trip always ended with a surprise SA about what they learned that day. Prepared, Maya snatched out her notebook and began scribbling down every syllable that came out of the teacher's mouth. She was going to ace this paper!

Suddenly, her silent celebrations were interrupted by a sudden rumbling, as if the ground beneath them was shaking. Panic ensued, with students frantically looking around, unsure of what was happening. No, not an earthquake. A deafening shriek, no, a goulash roar echoed across the tower. The thing that had produce that sound...It was the reason for the tremor.  

Maya, the natural leader, sprang into action, her voice cutting through the chaos as she screamed for everyone to stay calm. Amidst the confusion, she noticed the girl form before, who was in a wheelchair, and needed assistance evacuating. Without hesitation, Maya leaned down to help her evacuate to safety.

 'M! Look out!' Jagruti yelled, darting towards her, fear painting her face white.

Maya's attention snapped upward, and to her horror, she saw a sizable beam coming down toward her. She was going to die. No....Worse, she was going to fracture something and have to miss a week of school at the least! What was the point of writing twenty extra credit SAs before school even started just incase she didn't have time later? Her chance for valedictorian would be over!