Chapter 44: Keefe's Charade

Sophie and Edaline had just arrived at Alma Bay and were just sitting down at exactly six o'clock so Keefe would just be leaving the Rock Wallabies hideout at that moment meaning he should arrive in exactly nine minutes since there were no roads and Magnetic Island was never busy. Sure enough nine minutes later as she turned her head to check - her excuse for turning was - to check the time, she saw Keefe walking towards them as he yelled,

"Foster?"

"You must be the Keefe I've heard so much about from Sophie. Nice to finally meet you. Would you like to join us? We just started the fish and chips. We have plenty left. Not sure about the Coke though...Sophie drinks a lot when she eats."

"Oh no. I couldn't. You haven't seen Foster in months. Surely you want some time for girl talk with her and I want no part in that." Keefe was copying what she had suggested him to say perfectly and he was an amazing actor.

"No no. None of that! Join us!"

"Yeah, Keefe! Join us! I'll go get another coke." Sophie gave Keefe his cue and he caught it perfectly.

"Okay, I will join you. I just need to go to the bathroom first." Sophie and Keefe wandered off in different directions but the plan was to meet up at the news agency.

"You did that perfectly! You got yourself invited and didn't make Edaline think anything weird is going on!" Sophie said when he got to the news agency.

"Why thank you, Foster! You were amazing as usual as well."

"It doesn't matter who was better as long as it worked which it did."

"But I was better wasn't I?" Keefe asked in a joking way.

"Yes Keefe you were better," Sophie said rolling her eyes at him. "Now go back and I'll bring the coke."

"You got it, Foster. I love you by the way."

"Thank you, Keefe. And I love you too." Sophie smiled at how obedient Keefe was being today. It was a nice change from his normal pranky self. But she still loved that. "I love him more than I have ever thought possible."

Six more chapters and I am forever done. I hope you are enjoying this story!!!