Chapter 25: Heartfelt Revelations

Dear future me,

Tomorrow I am going to tell Foster that I love her. I know I said I would never tell her but I can't stand I can't stand this anymore. It has gotten to a point where it is physically painful not to tell her. I just really hope she doesn't hate me for it. I am sure she won't but I am so scared she will say that she couldn't stand just the THOUGHT of being with me like that and that she is in love with Wonderboy Vacker. Yeah yeah, I know, Fitz is my best friend, blah blah blah, it's just that he has the perfect life. Perfect parents, perfect house, perfect hair, perfect brother, perfect sister, perfect everything. Why wouldn't Foster love him? I just want the perfect thing for once, the perfect girlfriend, and the perfect girlfriend is Foster. I love her so much that to be away from her is the worst thing ever but it hurts to be with her as well because I know there is no way she could ever like someone as messed up as me. I know she will never say that she likes me back but I hope we can at least stay friends after I make the biggest mistake of my life.

XOXOX,

Past me

Next to that entry in Keefe's diary there was a picture of them sitting in a cave. She wondered if that cave was real. It was very dark, probably night, and they were holding hands, leaning in like they were about to kiss. There were also some words underneath the entry. They said Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Josh Hanley, The Next Step.

From the first time, that I saw you.

There was something that took me by

Suprise and then I fell...

Oh ya I felt for you.

Every day since I first met you, my life has

Never been the same and now I know,

That I need you more and more.

But I can't get you outta my head,

No I can't let go

Ohh ohh

And you got me wrapped up around

Your finger

Ohh ohh ohh

You can tease me, you can please me

You can do anything you want and then i'll be

Ya I'll still be there for yooooou

But there wrong the, ways you treat me

There's the days that you show me who you truly are inside

Ya you melt my heart alive

But I can't get you outta my head

No I can't let go

Ohh ohh

And you got me wrapped up around

Your finger

Ohh ohh ohh

Ya i know there's a way

But we gotta lose control

Ya we'll find a waaaay

To be together

Ohh

From the first time, that I saw you.

There was something that took me by

Suprise and then I fell...

Oh ya I felt for you.

But I can't get you outta my head

No I can't let go

Ohh ohh

And you got me wrapped up around

Your finger

Ohh ohh ohh

Ya you got me

Ya you got meee

Ohh ohh ohh

Ya you got me

Ya you got meee

But I can't get you outta my head

No I can't let go

Ohh ohh

And you got me wrapped up around

Your finger

Ohh ohh ohh

"What's the song for?" Sophie asked.

"Those words were written exactly as what is always happening in my head. I can't get you out of my head, I fell for you the second I met you, my life hasn't been the same since I met you, I need you more and more every day, you have me wrapped around your finger without you even realising it or wanting to. Just every single word in that song was my feelings for you. Look, let me show you something." Keefe grabbed something out of his bag.

"What are you showing me?"

You'll see. Okay look. I put something in invisible ink on every page. Back to the page I showed you earlier." He turned on the thing he had taken out of his bag and Sophie realised it was an ultraviolet light. "Read this and you will see what I really think when I am with you." It was a list of song names.

"What are all these songs for?" Sophie asked when she finished reading the list. She had now decided that she loved Keefe's taste in music.

"All those songs make me think of you when I hear them." Keefe explained.

"The cave that you drew. Is that real? Or near here?"

"Yeah ... it's part of the rock wallabies." Keefe said slowly, obviously confused.

"We're going there later."

The songs in Keefe's diary are in the next part which is not a chapter