Jaundice

"Excuse me."

"Hup."

"Hup."

Y/N made his way through the crowd, simply walking through as he slid pass some gaps before he reached the front.

Stepping forward, the strongest huntsman (in-training) now stood and crossed his arms to watch the spar between Jaune and Cardin Winchester

The blonde looks at Cardin, the latter laughs at his opponent's tiredness, then the former gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way.

Jaune looks back, surprised, as The Executioner sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back.

 Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack, but is blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling blonde.

"Yeesh." 

Y/N looked in between the two, clearly noticing the difference in skills. Clearly, the entire "spar" was one-sided as Jaune had gotten tossed around and played with by Cardin.

In fact, Cardin's Aura had barely been drained while Jaune was nearly drained.

Y/N didn't really feel bad for Jaune though..

Not his fault Jaune wasn't that skilled and weak, he chose to go attend Beacon. If the blonde wanted to become some bigshot huntsman then he was gonna have to learn

Clearly the Strongest Huntsman barely felt empathy for the Blonde and only watched with bored eyes at the spar

"This is the part where you lose." Cardin said

"Over my dead-!" Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain.

As Cardin raised his mace to slam it down towards the blonde, the buzzer rings.

"Cardin, that's enough!" Glynda ordered, walking onto stage. 

Cardin relents and walks away as the teacher walks onto the stage, tapping on her tablet.

 "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match." said Glynda

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat." the teacher says to the fallen student, the latter taking out his scroll to check on his aura

"Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf now, would we?"

"Speak for yourself..." Cardin mumbled

Glynda turns back to all the seated and standing students, some grinning and smiling in anticipation "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

After the spar, the bell rings and students start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame as the scene goes dark.

---------

"So! There we were, in the middle of the night..." Nora began her story with a dramatic tone

After the spar came break time. Following Weiss, Y/N sat at the same table with the rest of RWBY and JNPR.

Of course for his snack, Y/N obviously chose what was sweet. (Just pick any sweet food in mind.)