𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 xᴠɪ : ᴛʜᴇ ᴄɪᴛᴀᴅᴇʟ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

AN : Phew- I am so sorry for this late chapter, happy reading!

[THE END OF TIME]

A giant black with golden marble like streaks mansion. It looked marvellous, massive, and imposing. The kind of building that would host a verry important person.

"Finally... I'll get my answers."

The variants were walking towards it. The silence was deafening. Not a word was spoken until they arrived in front of the monumental door.

Sylvie stood the closest to it, taking deep breaths as she was feeling a lot of tension and...fear? Anxiety? Excitement? She didn't really know. It felt like bunch of conflicted emotions mixed all at once.

Sensing the Goddess's emotions, Y/n gently approached her and brushed their hand against Sylvie's, waiting for her to hold it. She gladly took it and nodded a small 'thank you' to the variant.

Loki, also seeing how tense his variant was took a step towards her. "Everything okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah. Just need a moment." She replied dismissively.

"It's just, you normally-"

"Loki, shut up." Sylvie cut him off. "I was pruned before you even existed. I have been waiting for this moment my entire life. I just need a second to get my head straight, okay?" She said rapidly, not wanting the God to disturb her.

Y/n gently squeezed Sylvie's hand, giving her some sense of comfort, even if they themself weren't that all reassured either.

The door suddenly opened as if it had listened to the Goddess's worries and decided to make its own decision. Was it sentient? Who knows, everything seemed weird in this place... The three gave each other a quick look before entering the building.

Inside, it looked like some sort of temple one would see in gothic fantastic films. The interior was all black, yet the light illuminated the room perfectly. Two giant hooded statues stood on the sides of a corridor straight ahead. They looked like some guards, as if they were protecting a sanctuary. The golden streaks were still present giving the mansion an even more luxurious look.

The doors closed behind the variants with a loud metallic 'clung', but they paid no attention to it. They slowly walked inside, when...

"Hey, y'all!"

Y/n slightly jumped backwards, their grip on Sylvie's hand tightening as she drew out her weapon and Loki did the same.

Miss Minutes was floating right in front of them. That damned creepy sentient clock.

"You again?" The Goddess seemed annoyed as well.

"Welcome to The Citadel at the End of Time." The clock said with a bright cheery smile. "Congratulations." The variants cautiously approached Miss Minutes. "Y'all had an awfully long journey to get here. He's impressed."

"Who's impressed?" The blonde demanded.

"He Who Remains."

"And who is he?" Loki asked, frowning as he pointed his sword towards Miss Minutes.

"He created all and he controls all."

"Nope, he's a puppet to my timeline's imagination..."

"And the end, it is only He Who Remains." The AI marched/floated in circles, smiling cheekily. "And he wants to offer you a deal. He's been making a few creative adjustments, and he's worked it out so we can reinsert the three of y'all back into the Timeline in a way that won't disrupt things."