𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 ɪɪ : ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ

"Take a ticket." said a Minuteman immediately after Y/n went through the door.

Y/n, knowing very well that if they didn't take a ticket, they would get reduced to atoms, took one and started to follow the empty queue.

They sighed.

"This must be a dream..." They whispered to themselves.

"Hi there!" A female voice said with a heavy American accent, surprising Y/n."You're probably saying, 'This must be a dream.' Welcome to the Time Variance Authority. I'm Miss Minutes, and it's my job to catch you up before you stand trial for your crimes."

"Gosh, I really don't like her voice-"

"So, let's not waste another minute. Settle in, sharpen your pencils, and check this out."

A sort of animated video started playing on the TV screen that was on the side of the walls. Y/n watched it.

"Long ago, there was a vast multiversal war. Countless unique timelines battled each other for supremacy, nearly resulting in the destruction of...well, everything. But then, the all-knowing Time-Keepers emerged, bringing peace by reorganising the multiverse into a single timeline, the Sacred Timeline. Now, the Time-Keepers protect and preserve the proper flow of time for everyone and everything."

"Pfff, what a bunch of bullshit"

"But sometimes, people like you veer off the path the Time-Keepers created. We call those variants. Maybe you started an uprising, or were just late for work. Whatever it was, stepping off your path created a nexus event, which, left unchecked, could branch off into madness, leading to another multiversal war. But, don't worry to make sure that doesn't happen. The Time-Keepers created the TVA and all its incredible workers."

"Lies, deception."

"The TVA has stepped to fix your mistake and set time back on its predetermined path. Now that your actions have left you without a place on the timeline, you must stand trial for your offences."

"I blame the weather."

"So, sit tight, and we'll get you in front of a judge in no time. Just make sure you have your ticket, and you'll be seen by the next available attendant. For all time. Always."

Y/n sighed once again, then continued walking down the line. Yet again, Miss Minutes spoke.

"Thanks for visiting the TVA. Don't hesitate to let us know how we're doing."

They rolled their eyes and showed their ticket to the other Minuteman once they had finished the queue.

━━━━⊱⋆⊰━━━━

"Next case, please!" A judge said, her voice sounding urgent, as if she wasn't going to spend any time on putting people through a proper trial.

The Minutemen pushed Y/n through the court's door, and to their surprise, the benches weren't empty. 

"Huh, that's new..."

The courtroom's walls were rather high compared to the ones in the other rooms. They were decorated with mosaic representing the Time-Keepers and some Minutemen. The way they were represented made them look like heroes and the Time-Keepers like gods.

"L/n. Variant (tfloyn)1140, AKA Y/n L/n, is charged with timeline colliding violation 8-21-90." She announced as Y/n was walking towards the bar.

"I bet they had to invent that violation just for me." They smirked, but Y/n's moment of confidence quickly went away as they met the judge's stern look.

"How do you plead?" She asked, sounding yet again, in a hurry.

"I'm terribly sorry, but I blame the weather-" Y/n said, a bit embarrassed now. "That sounded better in my head-"

"And how exactly can you blame the weather?" She asked, clearly annoyed by this somewhat stupid answer.

"I was on the plane, sleeping, then the pilot said there was turbulence. So, I can only deduct that the weather is guilty." Huuuuh- Y/n? Are you trying to get yourself pruned? Honestly, there is no better way to do it!

"I'll ask this one last time, variant. Are you, or are you not guilty?" See? Now she sounds done with you!

Y/n sighed, if they were here, it's for a reason...

"Guilty, your honour..." They answered, ashamed.

"Guess that's how my life ends... Charged for a crime I didn't commit. Wait- no technically I did just break the laws of reality-"

"The court finds you guilty, and I sentence you to stay with the analyst, Mr. Mobius right there."

Y/n looked around the courtroom frantically.

"Did she just- OH MY GOD MOBIUS HIIIIIII" Their eyes landed on the man.

They tried to hide their excitement as they finally spotted the grey-haired man. It was really hard, though, because Mobius gave them a funny look as if asking why they were smiling like an idiot.

He got up and gestured for Y/n to follow him.

━━━━⊱⋆⊰━━━━

[BEFORE Y/n's TRIAL]

"What's this? Next step of your manipulation-"

Loki and Mobius were exiting an elevator. It looked a bit tense between the two.

"This is your final step. Your last chance." Mobius cut off the god as they walked through the corridors.

"Oh and what does my desperate last chance require?" Loki retorqued sarcastically.

"Work." The analyst replied firmly.

"Work? Why, you need my help now?" The god asked with his cheeky smile.

Mobius glared at Loki, but he still couldn't bring himself to be mad at the dramatic diva.

"We have a new variant on our hands, one way more dangerous than you or the rogue Loki we've been tracking." The grey-haired man explained the situation to Loki, while he gestured for the god to sit down at his desk. "The branch they came from did not come from the Sacred Timeline."

As Loki sat down, he scoffed. "What am I supposed to do about it?"

"Help me convince them to help us catch that other variant of yours." Mobius replied, sitting on his desk, towering over the god.

"Oh right, the lesser Loki." The god said, looking up to Mobius. "What's that variant's name?" He asked.

"You're interested now?" The analyst gave a smug look, obviously messing with the god.

Loki scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Their name is Y/n L/n." Mobius replied, giving Loki the new variant's file.

The god took a quick look at the file and raised his eyebrows.

"Never heard of them." He said, handing the file back to Mobius.

"Neither have we, that's the problem."

Now that peeked Loki's interest.