𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 x : ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴀʀᴅ

After walking for about 30 minutes, the trio arrived in a deserted town. Some houses were severely damaged by the falling rocks, and steam could be seen. The small town was quiet and unsettling.

"It looks like everyone already fled." Loki said as they walked through the empty town.

"If they did, it was in vain." Sylvie replied.

"How long do we have?" Y/n asked, looking at the woman.

"Twelve hours or so. Things down here are only gonna get worse." She paused and took a glance at Y/n. "More meteors, gravity quakes, and of course, the collapse of society in the face of annihilation."

All three walked towards a house that still had power since its neon sign was still functioning.

"Could that charge the TemPad?" Loki asked, pointing to the purple neon sign.

"Maybe." Sylvie said hopefully. They really needed to get off this planet as soon as possible. She ran towards the sign. "I'm just checking the coupling. Making sure it can connect."

"Right."

"Okay, hand it over." Sylvie gestured for Loki to give her the device.

Loki snickered. "Pitiful. I'm not giving it to you. You're gonna have to try harder than that."

"Oh goodness gracious me, not again..." Y/n mumbled under their breath and sighed.

The woman walked back towards the god of mischief, annoyed. "Then don't give me your 'tech savvy' ideas either." She made air quotes with her hands at the words 'tech savvy'. "The TemPad requires a massive power source, not a night light."

They left the deserted town and continued their way through the desolate planet in search of a power source powerful enough for the TemPad. On their way, they saw a house in the distance, it seemed to be habited as steam went up from the chimney and light could be seen from outside. The trio approached the house in hopes for its inhabitants to help them.

Sylvie drew her sword, but Loki stopped her. "Brute force is no substitute for diplomacy and guile."

"Oh, diplomacy is my thing." Y/n smiled proudly. "I uh, I study diplomacy."

"Noted." Sylvie completely ignored Loki and Y/n and kicked the door open, only to be met with a force that violently pushed her backwards. She groaned and painfully got back up on her feet.

"It's remarkable that you ever made it as far as you did." Loki mocked her. The god leaned towards the door and apologised. "Sorry about that."

"Don't be. I enjoyed it." A middle-aged sounding woman spoke from inside the house.

"Oh..." Loki chuckled. "I did too. But I can assure you, despite one of my acquaintances behaving like an animal..." Sylvie scoffed. "...uh, we mean you no harm. We're simply weary travellers."

"Sure you are." The woman from inside the house said sarcastically, not believing Loki.

The god took a peek inside the house by looking through the window. He saw a framed photo of a woman and a man. They looked like a couple. Loki got an idea, and he shapeshifted into the man on the picture. He walked in front of the open door.