The Girl

Chapter 21 - The Girl

"I'm starting to regret my choice..."

Lucy held up her new quest with a look of defeat.

A new restaurant has opened in Magnolia, 8 Island was its name. The owner was in need of staff and was giving away a decent amount of Jewel.

Though as Lucy peeked down at the maid like outfit she was told to wear, she wondered if the money was worth it.

"I don't see what you're all grumpy about, this job will be easy. Since the chef cooks with magic, he wants the waiters to be mages too!" Natsu spoke beside her wearing a uniform though his scarf was of course added to the garb.

"You're just here for food! Which, by the way, is only for the customers!" Lucy scolded.

Natsu looked shocked by her words. "It is?!"

Lucy rolled her eyes, "Besides, look at the uniforms! It's embarrassing." She frowned while crossing her arms to cover herself.

Gray huffed at her complaints, "The uniforms aren't that bad." The man spoke while only in his underwear.

"How about you actually try wearing it?!" She screeched and covered her eyes.

Gray frowned, "Whose rent are we working to pay off again?" He spoke with an offended glare.

Lucy sags at his words, "Yeah, yeah I get it." She huffs as they start approaching the restaurant.

Happy lands on her head to her dismay, "Erza seems to like the uniform!" He points out.

All of their eyes turned to the woman as she strutted down the street haunting the minds of everyone walking by.

"Come to 8-Island to eat!" She cheered in the waitress's outfit.

They didn't even reach the restaurant yet and she had already used her charms to make customers.

Lucy sighs as they enter the back of the restaurant, "Maybe I should have taken Y/N's offer." The mood dimmed at the mention of your name.

Gray frowned, "Nora and Ryden haven't taken her arrest well." He recalled their saddened features before they left.

"Hopefully she's fine, it's been a few days." Erza spoke up somberly.

Natsu scoffs at her worry and he grins, "Gramps went with her, she'll be fine!" He assured.

The others didn't respond as they entered the kitchens to greet the owner.

Natsu sniffed the air instantly, though for once not for the scent of food, "Wait that smell... it's familiar."

The group looked at him oddly as a tune filled their ears along with the banging of pots and pans. "Don't tell me..." He walked further into the room.

The group continued to look at him oddly until they were greeted with a large pot in the center of the kitchen, food and desserts twirled and swirled around the room while a familiar foe danced with the meals.

"I have a wonderful job. Where I feed a mob. I have so much fun, I dread when I'm done!" The group gawks at the familiar lavender haired chef.

Natsu pointed to them with a sickened look. "It can't be true! You work here too?!" He shrieked.

Lucy turned her surprised eyes to him. "D-Did you just rhyme?!"

The lavender haired chef stopped with their cooking as they looked at Natsu in disdain. "Oh dear, say it's not so! I'm staring at my old foe! I hope that you can let it go! For I'm not evil anymo... re"