The Fears

Chapter 12 - The Fears

Nora L/N was lost.

The iron dragon she so desperately tried to chase eventually left her sight. "Koi do you see him?" She questioned her companion. The cat didn't understand why she asked them. Her senses were ten times better. Nonetheless, Koi skimmed the room with their bright emerald eyes.

There was nothing hiding in the bookshelves in the dark room the two ran around. At least not to Koi's knowledge.

"Nope, I don't see anything Nora." Koi patted her hands that grew tight around their small frame. Nora pursed her lips. She was close to panicking. She hated being alone which is why Koi usually always stuck to her. In case Ryden or her mother weren't there she'd at least have them.

"Okay. It's alright. No problem!" The girl reassured herself. "I-I just need to find Mr. Gajeel and then look for mom. That's simple enough. Besides I've been in libraries before." She spoke keeping positive.

Koi peeked at the girl in the unlit chamber. It was true she did visit libraries but this library is as quiet as ever, just as every library should be, but this one felt so ominous.

Though it's made of polished slick ice it was somehow old and weary. Nora's sensitive ears became alert from every noise. Harsh winds pushing against the windows, the smallest clicks of shoes, the shallow breath of a creeping stranger.

"Mr. Gajeel?" She spoke wearily to the dark. No one responded. Nora stepped back in fear her body bumping into another.

"Boo!"

The girl and her cat screamed. Nora ran instantly, Koi flying in front of her and the perpetrator following behind giggling at the chase. Nora ran around each passageway books falling from their shelves with the loud footsteps behind her. 

After a long chase, she reached the sitting area where she first entered. She turned around swiftly to face her aggressor yet no one was there.

The girl was suddenly hit in the head with a furry ball that bounced in her hand. She looked at her hands and the ball squirmed in her hands revealing to be, "A spider?!" Nora squealed tossing the creature and jumped onto a table, watching the creature scurry away from her figure.

Nora looked up to see where the creature came from, doing so her bright blue eyes met another pair colored amber. The eyes belonged to a girl sporting long hair in a poppy hue.

"It's about time someone near my age came around and another girl too?! It's awfully boring with the older members and Hiltan is too girl crazy to play." The girl spoke with a pout forming on her dark skin.

Though Nora couldn't focus on what was being said to her as she was too busy gawking at the flying horse the girl sat on. "Is that a pegasus?!" She asked in wonder. "Woah." Koi sputtered. The other girl nodded with a proud smirk.

"Well, not a real one but he acts like it. This guy is made from my magic." She smirked. Nora let out a noise of amazement. "What type of magic?" She questioned.

The teen thought about her answer, more than she needed. "Uhm...it's illusion magic!" She informed while petting the mystical white steed. "That's so cool!" Nora said in awe unknowingly boosting the girl's ego.

The 'illusion' mage grinned at the praise. "You know what, I like you! What's your name? Mine is Drusilla." She introduced herself jumping from the pegasus which disappeared leaving a trace of sparkles. 

"My name is Nora and this is my friend Koi." She raised Koi in front of her and the cat waved at the teen.

"It's nice to meet you both! Oh, I can't wait to show off my favorite books! Come on let me show you my shelf!" Nora yelped as she was dragged away by Drusilla. "