The New Life

Chapter 15 - The New Life

Everyone knew Porlyusica hated humans.

She had every reason to.

They fought.

They stole.

They destroy.

They were greedy, hateful, prideful, the list could go on. Humans took what they wanted no matter the consequence. They hurt others even when they didn't mean to. Humans were horrid beings in her eyes, despite her being one herself.

She could care less, she wanted nothing to do with them.

That was that...

Yet some point in her life.

Unknown to many.

She took in two human children and raised them as her own. Why?

It was a mystery even for her, yet it was something she'd never forget nor regret.

Even when they broke her heart in the end.

_________________________________________________________

Porlyusica nearly cried at the sight before her.

The young girl she adopted so long ago was being held back in a firm grasp by the royal guards. This was sadly a normal thing but today, today felt different.

"We will return her here again like we always do." They informed.

The woman pursed her lips, these guards weren't the same ones as before. The exact same guards would be here each day, they weren't them. Her other child seemed to notice the oddity as well.

"You aren't the same guards that come here!" She accused before they could drag her sister away. The guards didn't seem to care for the teen's insubordination and frowned at her.

The girl being pulled away grinned at her twin. "Don't worry Adira!" She reassured her sister.

Her words didn't seem to help her sister calm down. Not when she saw the swords resting at their sides. Adira scowled at the men, they never brought them before.

That was the last straw for her. "You rotten humans! Where are you going with my sister?!" She growled nearly pouncing at the guards.

Porlyusica grabbed Adira before she could do anything. She herself was suspicious but she knew the royal guards. They weren't exactly righteous people so they shouldn't anger them. Besides they were ordered by the king exactly.

There was nothing she could do when her foolish child gained the prince's attention so long ago.

Adira growled at the guards' lifeless stares before looking up at her guardian.

"We can stop them right?! They can't keep taking her like this!" She cried worriedly at the older woman.

Porlyusica remained quiet, she watched the child she cared for, for so long being pulled away. The teen looked back at her with a sad smile.

"I'll see you both soon!" Y/N beamed letting the two armored men drag her away.

It would be the last smile the girl gave Porlyusica.