The Betrayal

Chapter 3 - The Betrayal

The sun began to rise. Its bright lights beamed into your desolate cavern. You sat in your cavern as the war became close to an end. Dragonslayers overturned the war. Though you were allowed to help sometime with evacuation and stopping fires. 

Though one wrong use of Adira's water magic and you flooded an entire area. You messed up again freezing over a battlefield and anyone on it.

Before the other dragons could label you as a nuisance, Igneel forbade you from fighting. You found it unfair but finding out Adira was allowed to fight alongside the dragonslayers is what broke you. Even during a crisis, you were a burden. You were left by yourself waiting for the war to end so everything would be the same.

Adira studying in the capital, Igneel having her back, and you in your cavern all alone. You were too busy wallowing in self-pity to notice the shouts of your name. You looked towards the entrance of your cavern only to be met with nothing.

You went to turn back around only to halt upon seeing a head of h/c hair. You fully looked down seeing a familiar-smelling human staring up at you with bright blue eyes. The rising sun made her s/c skin glow. She was stunning, for a human of course.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" You gave an irritated huff. The woman giggled before looking at you mischievously, "It's been months! That's how you greet your big sister?"

You gave her a ludicrous look, "I'm the oldest! I hatched an entire hour before you!" Adira laughed at your exclamation. "That's what you're worried about?!" You gave an uninterested look. "Huh? Oh yeah, why are you a human?" You asked dryly before slumping back on the ground.

Adira huffed before moving toward your face. "I'm so glad you're interested," she sarcastically says. "I'll have you know that this is a spell. A transformation one if you will. I can change and walk around humans using it!" She beamed meeting her sister's lifeless eyes.

Adira sadly stared at you already knowing how you acquired the look. She hated seeing you like this. Her once joyful sister turned into a husk. She couldn't stop father from changing his choice. It was for your own safety and everyone else's. 

Though you couldn't help with the war, you should be able to leave. Adira wanted to help you and she knew the spell would help. It was the least she could do. With the war going on humans have been safely isolated in their kingdoms.

Giving space for dragons to fight enemies a bit carelessly. Ever since dragonslayers were assembled the war has been toned down. Western dragons avoided them, focusing more on enemy dragons instead.

This meant the two could go and explore, she could show you how the world changed so much. She could show you villages, she could show you her new home. Adira looked back at you determined. She was going to make you happy again.

After a few days of perfecting Adira's attempts to teach you. She soon found out you already knew the spell. "No way! You already know transformation magic?!" Adira was shocked. She demonstrated what you needed to do and you did it with no issue in seconds. You were able to take on a human body. And with enough concentration, you could get rid of your horns and wings. You huffed cracking your knuckles and stretching in the new body. "You aren't the only person who visits me."

Adira looked at you questioningly, "Grandeeney and Queen Irene herself, have kept me company. Even I'm surprised the Queen made time for me." Adira's jaw dropped. You already knew how much she admired her. You gave a smug grin, and Adira pouted. "It's no matter! I'm glad you're making friends." You rolled your eyes, she always took the fun out of boasting.