"Why don't I make you one instead, huh?" I said. "How do you like your turkey?"

"Hmmm, I like my turkey like I like my women, Zoey," he said smoothly, flexing his muscles with a charmed smolder. "Warm and moist." He grinned with a cheeky wink.

This guy thinks his God 's gift to women. I chuckled with a shake of my head. "Do you want mustard or mayo, smart ass?"

"What ever gets you going."

"Yeah, mustard really gets me going?" I replied sarcastically. "It makes me ache for some side beef."

He smirked, biting his lower lip. "I'll bet."

Will Mike ever stop with his damn flirting? "Aren't you supposed to be with the others at the lake?" I said as I made quickly his snack.

"I thought I'll come home early. You might've been lonely and knowing me, I hate a lonely female," he sighed with a swoon.

I blew out a hot breath and he grabbed the thick and juicy sandwich. "Oh, please, it's not like you cared before."

"Well, I do now," he said with a smile, and sunk his teeth into the bread, biting off a chunk. "Can ask you a personal question?"

"Yeah, fire away." I nodded.

"Did you take a piss recently?"

I hacked out coughing, almost choking on my damn sandwich. "What?" my eyes snapped to his, that studied me with a naughty glare. Mike was up to no good!  "What does my bladder got to do with you?"

Mike chuckled and sniffed the air, inhaling deeply. "Your scent is very, uhm, how do I say... pure."

"Eeew," I pursed my lips. "That's disgusting, and while we're eating. You such a dog!"

"A horny dog," he grinned playfully.

"Urgh," I yelled and slapped my hand across his still naked chest with a light thud.

Poppy returned to the kitchen, this time with a bag of potatoes. She glanced between Mike and me and narrowed her eyes.

"Get out of here, Mike, with your dumb questions," I said.

Mike laughed and blew me a kiss. I shook my head. "Put on a shirt while you at it!" I yelled to him.

"Why? Am I turning you on?" he laughed and walked out of the kitchen, chewing on his half-eaten sandwich.

I huffed out in frustration. "Jerk face," I mumbled.

"I'm afraid to ask if I walked into something," Poppy said.

I rolled my eyes. "Absolutely not."

"Mike flirts with almost every female," she said. "And in your position, of course, Mike can't help himself."

"He asked if I pissed," I said.

"Well, new female wolves' scent is fresh and pleasant to males," she explained, and her shoulders shrugged up. "It's an animalistic thing. So don't be surprised if you get some attention."

I scoffed. "Fuck my life."

Poppy nodded. "Just don't get aroused," she warned. "They'll be able to pick up your arousal, and it'll be like catnip to them."

So, that's what Willow meant earlier. I frowned in exhaustion from information overload. "Good to know."

Cleaning up the dishes, I observed Poppy in thought. And a pressing question popped into my mind. "Does this mean I'll get a mate?" I asked.

Poppy paused, peeling the potatoes, and looked at me. "You simply don't get one. Your mate will find you... or you hope they will," she sighed, gazing in the distance. "I'm still searching for mine."