Nick XVI

Waking up on the day after Valentine's Day, I felt Imogen's arm tighten around me and she started pressing soft kisses to the back of my neck. I smiled a little and pretended I was still asleep for a moment. Until she suddenly bit down on the stretch of skin between my neck and my shoulder, causing me to gasp and cry out.

"Hey!" She was laughing when I rolled over to face her and I pouted.

"Well, you wouldn't acknowledge that you were awake. So I gave you a little push."

"Bully." I tried to scowl at her but I just ended up grinning. The bite hadn't hurt that much and it hadn't broken skin. And I couldn't stay mad at her for long. "We've got the whole day to ourselves."

"We do." She grinned at me. Last night, after Charlie and his kids left, Imogen had dropped Abby off at my mum's house and she were going to drive her to school on Monday morning, meaning that unless something dramatic happened, Imogen and I had the whole day, and house, to ourselves. "Whatever will we do?"

"Hmm..." I pretended to think deeply. "I have one idea."

"Yeah? And what might that be?" As she spoke, I moved so that I was laying on top of her and her arms snaked around my waist to hold me tight.

"Something along the lines of this." I murmured, leaning down to kiss her. She responded eagerly and let me lead, her fingers dancing up and down my back. I pressed my hands to the bed on either side of her head, making sure she couldn't roll away from me. Not that I really needed to. She was quite happy to keep kissing me until we both had to pull apart for breath.

"I like that idea." She whispered, suddenly rolling both of us over so she was now on top. "I've got something for you."

"A present?" I made my eyes wide in mock surprise. She just snorted and leaned down to kiss me again, one hand slipping between us to tug at the hem of my shirt. I wriggled around a little to help her get it off, laughing when it got stuck by my shoulders.

"I love you, babe. I love you so much."

"I know. I love you just as much, Imogen."

"I'm going to show you just how much."

--------------------

Around lunch, we finally emerged from the bedroom, both a little flushed in the face and giggly. She stumbled over her own feet as I led her to the kitchen by her hand.

"Hey. I've got short legs here." She told me and I stopped suddenly and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder.

"There. Now you can keep up." I replied through laughter.

She was laughing too, holding on tightly so she didn't fall. In the kitchen, I sat her on the counter, giving her another kiss before crossing the room and opening the refrigerator. She stayed where she was, just watching as I moved around the kitchen, making food for us. I occasionally moved closer to her, feeding her bits of chocolate or strawberry.

When I was finally done, she followed me to the dining room where we sat side-by-side, feeding each other like love-sick teenagers. But neither of us minded how ridiculous it might have looked to an outsider.

"Hey, I've got a surprise for you." Imogen told me when we were finished. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah?"

"Yep. Wait here for a minute." She kissed me briefly before disappearing out of the room for a minute. I started stacking the dishes together while I waited, jumping when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist from behind.

"You scared me."

"Sorry. Come here for a bit." Imogen pulled me to sit on the sofa, sitting herself in my lap, handing me a large envelope.

"What's this?"

"Just open it." Holding me tightly, she watched as I tore open the envelope and tipped the contents into my hand. It took me a moment to figure out what I was looking at but when I did, I gasped.

"We're going to New York?"

"Yep."

"Oh wow. I've always wanted to go there."

"I know. Technically it's a work trip but when my boss told me I had to go over, I figured it was a perfect chance for the three of us to get away for a bit."

"When are we going?"

"Next school break. I timed it so that both you and Abby would have time off."

"This is amazing. You're amazing." I grinned and threw my arms around her. She laughed and hugged me back.

"I hope you like it. Cause that's all I'm getting you today."

"That's all? Imogen, that's so much. Almost too much."

"Too much? I can take it back if you want..."

"Don't you dare." I laughed. I put the papers on the nearby table and pulled her to straddle my lap, my arms looped around her. "I can't wait to go to the Big Apple with you."

"Me either." She smiled and gently rested her hand against my cheek. "I mean, there'll be a little bit of work I have to do while we're there but I'll definitely have time to spend with you."

"Abby's going to be so excited."

"When do we tell her?"

"When she gets back from school tomorrow, I guess. If we tell her now, she'll want to come home and start packing. And that will ruin the rest of our plans for the day."

"Plans?"

"Mm." I nodded solemnly and stood up. "Follow me."

"Where?"

"Just follow me." I took her hand and led her back to our bedroom where she was quick to throw herself into my arms, eager to pick up where we'd left off before our food break. "You're the best wife I could ask for."

"And you're the best husband. I love you, Nick." She replied.

"I love you."