Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Long, long ago, Zhao Zhufu had pondered what her epitaph should say. 

For example, "During my reign, the nation prospered," "In death, my soul remains immortal"... At the very least, it should have something like "Diligent governance for the nation." 

However, now, on her second eighteenth birthday, she seemed destined to be remembered in history with a bold stroke as "misled by a man's...charm" by the historians.

Thinking about this, Zhao Zhufu's expression turned colorful for a moment before she looked menacingly at the culprit responsible for all of this...

The culprit was still locked in a cage, his consciousness unclear, each breath heavy and fragile.

Zhao Zhufu could see the man's bare, bluish-white ankles trembling slightly, but the man remained completely silent, not even a whimper escaping his lips.

He was stubborn.

If Zhao Zhufu didn't know his background, she might have thought he was mute right now.

The woman raised her head slowly; the scent of pheromones in the air hadn't dissipated and seemed to be growing stronger.

... The story rewinds to two hours ago.

The sound of the cup falling from Zhao Zhufu's hand had evidently caught the attention of some people. The Emperor raised an eyebrow, a hint of a smile on his face.

"Oh, is Little Nine interested in this gift?"

"Yes."

Suddenly, Zhao Zhufu laughed. In the shortest time, she adjusted her facial expression, appearing excited as she pointed towards the cage below the steps. "Father Emperor, I want him!"

Zhao Zhufu's words were straightforward, leaving no room for doubt. It was almost as if she were pressuring the Emperor. In response, the Emperor, slightly displeased, took a slow breath and said, "It's the first time I've seen Little Nine want something this much."

Zhao Zhufu met the Emperor's inquisitive gaze with a touch of irritation. "Father Emperor, my older siblings all have spouses, but I haven't even seen an Omega yet!"

Without giving the Emperor a chance to continue suspecting, she asserted, "Father Emperor, didn't you say you wanted me and my siblings to choose gifts together? I don't want anything else; I just want him!"

She, as the youngest daughter, was acting childishly and naively at this moment, which slightly softened the Emperor's demeanor as he chuckled slowly.

"It was my previous negligence; I didn't find you a suitable partner. But as you just heard, this gift is an extremely prestigious Omega known as the 'Gifted Eye' from the renowned Vikeh. They have been so generous, and we must..."

Zhao Zhufu didn't understand the term 'Gifted Eye,' but she grasped the deeper meaning in the Emperor's words. The more she listened, the tighter her grip on the situation, her mind racing.

Since it's a gift from the Vikeh Kingdom, the Emperor is essentially the direct recipient. If he doesn't give this "gift" to her now, he won't favor any of his other imperial siblings either.

However, if he wants to directly deposit it into the national treasury or take it as his own possession, Zhao Zhufu won't have another chance to take Song Shi with her before her coronation.

... But how can she behead Song Shi without taking him along?

As Zhao Zhufu listened to the Emperor speaking calmly on the other end, she felt her expression stiffen for a few seconds. She was on the verge of throwing a tantrum and demanding the gift on the spot.