The Arranged Marriage

In a distant and magical kingdom, there lived a young prince named Geno. He was known throughout the land for his reclusive nature, spending most of his days locked away in his grand library, engrossed in novels, books, and even the occasional poem. Geno found solace and escape within the pages of his beloved books, far more than he ever did within the walls of his imposing castle.

One crisp morning, as the sun's rays gently kissed the castle's towering spires, Geno was rudely awakened from his peaceful reverie by a maid's urgent voice. She stood in the doorway, her eyes wide with anxiety. "Your parents request your presence, young prince," she stammered.

Geno let out a weary groan, his thoughts racing, "What do they need now? They don't usually talk to me unless they need something." Nevertheless, he reluctantly left the cocoon of his library and made his way to the grand throne room, where his parents awaited.

King Cedric, a stern but wise ruler, sat on the majestic throne, his queen, a woman of grace and poise, by his side. Geno approached them, his curiosity mingled with a sense of unease. His father, with a deep and commanding voice, addressed him, "Son, I know that your 18th birthday is fast approaching, and with it comes a responsibility that cannot be ignored."

Geno's eyes widened, and he felt a wave of panic wash over him. He protested, "But father, I'm not ready for such matters. I wish to pursue knowledge and literature, not marriage."

The king, with a solemn expression, spoke, "Geno, my son, it is your duty as the oldest prince and the future king to ensure the stability and prosperity of our kingdom. Marrying into a powerful alliance is essential."

Feeling trapped and misunderstood, Geno fled from the throne room. He rushed to his bedroom and flung himself onto his bed, burying his face in his pillow. Tears of frustration and helplessness soaked the fabric as he contemplated the life he seemed destined to lead.

The following morning, Geno awoke to an unexpected sight. He was dressed not in his usual princely attire but in a beautiful princess's gown. His confusion was overwhelming as he looked at himself in the mirror, aghast. "Why am I wearing this?" he wondered aloud, his voice trembling with bewilderment.

Little did Geno know that his life was about to take a most unexpected turn, and the journey that awaited him would be filled with adventure, self-discovery, and a dash of enchantment.

The next morning, as the diligent maids prepared Geno for another meeting with the royal family, he couldn't shake the unease that had settled within him.

As Geno stood in his unfamiliar princess gown, feeling utterly out of place, he took a few hesitant steps and accidentally collided with a butler named Reaper, who had been passing by. Both of them stumbled and almost fell, and they quickly exchanged apologies.

"I'm so sorry," Geno stammered, feeling rather embarrassed.

Reaper, a tall and stoic figure, seemed genuinely apologetic as well. "No, my apologies. I should have been more careful. But why are you here, miss?" he inquired, eyeing Geno's dress and demeanor.

Geno sighed, realizing the misunderstanding but did tell reaper just yet that he was in fact a male. "Actually, I'm here to marry a prince I don't even know." He explained his predicament, and Reaper's expression softened with sympathy.

"I see," Reaper said, his tone filled with understanding. "I'm sorry I hope at least something goes your way, Your Highness."

With that, Reaper bid Geno farewell and continued on his way, leaving the young prince to contemplate the curious twists of fate that had brought him here.

Shortly afterward, another butler, more formally dressed, came to escort Geno to his chambers. Geno couldn't help but ask, "Aren't I going to meet the prince soon? I mean, that's why I'm here, isn't it?"