Toph: That's how it's done.

Sokka: Good work, Toph. Time to take control of the ship. Take the wheel.

Toph: (sarcastically) That's a great idea! Let the blind girl steer the giant airship.

Sokka: I was talking to Suki.

Toph: That would make a lot more sense...... wait wheres _ (they look around and realize she isnt there)

sokka: ok, we cant worry about that know, we have to focus on us

Suki: (taking the wheel) What are we going to do about the rest of the crew?

Sokka: Take us down closer to the water. I've got an idea.

(Sokka looks around the cabin, and then grabs a speaker connected to a tube.)

Sokka: (clears his throat and begins imitating a captain's voice) Attention crew, this is your Captain speaking. Everyone please report to the bomb bay immediately for hot cakes and... sweet cream. We have a very special birthday to celebrate.

they fell for it

Elite Firebender #1: Hey. I'm Quin Lee, I work up in communications.

Engineer: Oh hi, I work down in the engine room. It's probably why we've never met before. Big airship, you know?

Elite Firebender #1: Huh.

Engineer: Yep.

Elite Firebender #1: So, do you know whose birthday it is?

Elite Firebender #2: (approaching the firebender and engineer from behind) I can't believe the Captain remembered my birthday! He really does care.

(Immediately after the sentence is finished, the bomb bay doors open and they are dropped into the ocean. the doors opening below, then a shot from the side of the airship of the crew falling into the water. The firebenders that Toph had taken out can also be seen falling out of the cabin. some of the crew comes up for air.)

Engineer: Happy Birthday.

(Ozai's airship from below. the broken window of the cabin as Sokka walks toward it, looking up at the other airship with Suki)

Sokka: Fire Lord Ozai, here we come.

(Sokka grabbing the throttle and pushing it forward. Ozai is in the center.

the approaching Fire Nation fleet of airships. Ozai from behind, still standing at the front of his airship. Ozai inhales deeply. He exhales, opens his eyes, and smiles. Ozai's airship from above. The other airship's can be seen behind it, and the airship that Sokka, Suki, and Toph took can be seen just beneath it. Ozai's airship from Sokka's point of view as he looks through a spyglass.)

Sokka: We're not going to catch up to him in time.

Suki: (sadly) No...

(Ozai from above and zoom in as he spreads his arms outward and tilts his head back. The scene fades to a shot of the comet before fading back to a close up of Ozai. He tilts his head back down and smiles sadistically. Ozai raises his arms in the air, then thrusts his palm down towards the ground beneath. A small but incredibly intense flame ignites in front of his hand, growing steadily larger until it finally erupts into an enormous fire blast that ignites the earth below. The camera zooms in on Ozai's face as he swathes the earth in fire. Cut to a shot from behind Ozai. his great stream of fire, towards to horizon. behind a tall, stone pillar and tilt up to Aang standing on top of it, facing Ozai's assault. Aang from behind, and then rotate around to his front. Momo is seated on his shoulder and chirps.)