36

Cut to show Appa soaring in for a landing on a seaside cliff. In the distance four large, blue-sailed Northern Water Tribe ships can be seen in Chameleon Bay. Near the docked vessels sits an encampment of blue tents. Aang is shown seated on Appa's neck.)

Aang: (enthusiastically) You haven't seen your Dad in over two years. You must be so excited. you to _, you havent seen him in like (counting with his fingers) 7 years

_: 7 years, 1 week 3 days 19 hours 43 minutes and 57 seconds.... now...... and at first a few months ago, maybe, but after that whole jayden thing... not so much

Sokka: (visibly nauseous) I know I should be at least, but I just feel sick to my stomach.

(Sokka clutches his gurgling belly.)

_: your just nervous, i mean you havent seen him in a while, and one of your sisters he hasnt seen since i was 5 is now blind... so yeah, im not helping

sokka: not really, no.

Aang: (reassuringly) Don't be nervous, he's going to be so happy to see you. and you did the best you could to keep _ safe, we all did, besides it wasnt oyur fault that jerk bender hit her in the head (places arm on Sokka's shoulder, causing him to smile slightly)

Sokka: thanks, So what about you? Are you nervous to meet this Guru?

Aang:(confidently) Not at all. I'm ready to master the Avatar State. I'll do whatever it takes. (Sokka drops off of Appa's back, looks up at Aang) See you in a week. Yip Yip!

_: whatever

aang: yeah

(With that, Appa launches off the cliff into the air. Sokka turns and looks out over the camp below, and lets out a resigned sigh before heading off for it. We see Sokka nervously walking into the encampment.

_: aang before you go

aang: yeah.

_: (she kisses his cheek) no mater what, promise me you'll do everything to master that avatar state.

aang: of course i will

_: aang, i have a feeling, some things will be difficult for you to do, promise me aang you'll still do it

aang: i promise

_: good... jenjen, help. (jenjen goes to her and crawls under her, shes riding on jenjens back. jenjen is a little taller then _ waist) bye aang, good luck

aang: bye

aang takes off on appa

_: now we stay here for alittle while

Water Tribe warriors who were engaged in various activities turn to regard Sokka with a pleasant, surprised look. Sokka is intercepted in the middle of the camp by a tall warrior. The regard each other for a moment, then clasp arms in greeting, broad smiles on their faces. The other men gather around them, laughing with delight.)

Water Tribe Warrior: Sokka, good to see you.

(Another of the tribesmen pushes on the top of Sokka's head in a friendly fashion, scrunching him down like a small boy. Sokka straightens to show his height with a grin. The tribesman compares their stature with his hand, and is amazed that Sokka is nearly as tall as he is. The smiling men stand aside to reveal the tent at the head of the encampment, which bears the symbol of the Northern Water Tribe. Sokka strides toward the command tent, his eyes filled with emotion. He parts the flaps of the tent to reveal a group of senior tribesmen sitting around a chart of the world. At the end of the tent his father Hakoda sits, pondering the map. As the flaps close behind him, Sokka's tentative expression changes to a small smile. A warrior bearing burn scars on his arm and chest kneels next to Hakoda, returning Sokka's smile. Hakoda is preoccupied with the map, frowning in concentration until the warrior nudges him with an elbow. He finally looks up, shocked then elated to see his son.)