12

A cough is heard, Sokka in his sleeping bag resting on Appa, Aang ___ and Katara are facing him. A fire burns in the background. They appear to be inside an enclosed, temple like structure overlooking the decaying town below and the hillside beyond. Sokka coughing, Momo playing around his head and Katara wiping his forehead with a wet cloth

Katara: This should bring your fever down.

Sokka (feverishly): You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor.

Katara: That's nice. I'll tell him.

Appa grunts at Sokka

Sokka: Haha! Classic Appa.

Aang (walking over): How's Sokka doing?

Katara: Not so good. Being out in that storm really did a number on him.

___: hes talking nonsenc

Sokka shivering in his sleeping bag and snorting back his runny nose.

Aang: I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea, but I found a map.

Aang: There's an herbalist institute on the top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there.

Katara: Aang, he's in no condition to travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow.

Katara begins to cough

Aang: Not you too!

Katara: Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fine -

She cuts herself off with more coughing. Aang, shielding himself from her violent coughing

Aang: That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now look at him - he thinks he's an earthbender!

Sokka (swinging at something that isn't there): Take that, you rock!

Aang: A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense too. (Getting up and grabbing his staff.) I'm going to find some medicine.

___: wait, dont leave me here with them. i cant get-cough- sick....

aang: sorry n/n looks like you already are

He opens his glider and walks to the edge of the temple. A huge flash of lightning illuminates Aang and the exterior of the temple. He twirls his glider shut and leans it against the wall of the temple

Aang: Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot. Keep an eye on'em guys.

Appa grunts in reply

Sokka (deliriously): Haha! You guys are killin' me!

(Aang turns and launches himself into the air, landing far down the hill the temple sits on. Cut to p.o.v. form somewhere in the decayed town. Aang zooms by at high speed, using his airbending to accelerate his running speed.

Sokka: Katara... please... water...

Katara, now obviously sick, resting on Appa too. Momo stands in front of her

Katara: Listen carefully, Momo. I need you to take this to the river and fill it with water.

Katara has raised up the water bag around her neck, offering it to Momo. Momo's expressive green eyes, which blink. He is trying to understand her. He chitters. He sees Katara making walking motions with her fingers and hears her yammering at him in gibberish.

Katara: Got it?

(Momo grabs the water skin and flies off. Cut to Aang huffing and puffing as he runs at breakneck speed up the steps on the herbalist institute. He reaches the top and runs into a circular wooden building. Cut to the inside of the building which is filled with trees, bushes and flowers. An old woman is in the background and a white fluffy cat is in the foreground. Aang runs into the frame and cat meows and jumps out of the way.)