Toph: (slapping her hand over Sokka's mouth) Hey, loudmouth! Maybe we should be a little quieter when we talk about taking out the
Fire Lord.

Sokka: (a little quieter) Come on, Katara, _, be reasonable about this. You know our mission has to come first.

Katara: (relunctantly) I guess so.

_: ........fine.... but i still dont agree with this.

Aang: Let's just get what we need and go.

(They approach the counter of an outdoor market stall, staffed, to all appearances, by the same aged fisherman who gave them a lift into town.)

Sokka: Hey, Dock. You work here too?

Dock: I'm not Dock, I'm Xu. Dock's my brother.

(The kids are baffled.)

Aang: But we just saw you. You're even wearing the same clothes. The only difference is your hat.
Dock: Dock works on the
docks, that's why they call him "Dock", and I work in the shop, that's why they call me "Xu".

_: that makes NO sence

Aang: I don't get it.

Dock: Me neither. (He pulls out a crate filled with rancid grey seafood.) What can I getcha? Hey, I'll give you a special deal. If you buy three fish, I'll throw in a clam for free.

(The kids are revolted by the foul haul...but they do need to eat.)

Sokka: We'll just take the fish. Mind telling your brother we need a ride back to shore?

(Dock ducks beneath the counter; when he reappears, he is wearing his original headgear.)

Dock: Hey, colonials. My brother says you need a lift.

(As they turn away to follow him, an urchin runs up to Katara.)

Boy: Can you spare some food?

katara and _ look at each other and give a small smile.

_: sure, here you go (looks at her sister)

Katara: (sadly, giving him a fish) we wish we could spare more.

(The boy runs away and she watches him give the fish to a sick woman, presumably his mother.

Cut to the kids' campsite back up on the cliffs. While the benders of the group bend the pollution out of their cooking water, Sokka ponders his schedule.)

Sokka: Our detour into town today has completely thrown off our schedule. It's gonna take some serious finagling to get us back on track.

Toph: (sarcastically) Finagle away, O schedule master.

_: this isnt going to be good

Sokka: Well, for starters, it looks like we'll need to wake up forty-three minutes earlier every day.

Katara: Forty-three minutes?

_:your joking right?

Sokka: Look, we only have a few weeks to get to the Fire Lord in time for the invasion and the eclipse - which, by the way, only lasts for eight minutes. And we just lost a whole day. So if we want to make up the time and stay on schedule, we have to wake up early!

Toph: Well,I'm not waking up early.

Sokka: Or we could just cut out all of our eating breaks.

Aang: What?

Katara: No way.

_: your insane

Toph: Forget it.