|29. I'm here|

R O M A N • P O V

After years of trying to retrieve the visual evidence of our mother I finally found it.

After successfully doubting our abilities we finally get to know what truly happened that night.

Julius just won't open up about that night and I don't blame him for that.

Every one of us besides Nova knows how long and hard we tried to retrieve this evidence that was snatched from us by our own father.

The same father that brutally shot our mother knowing she was all we had.

I haven't gotten the chance to tell Lorenzo about this but I'm sure that the next time I see him I'll tell him.

I got my laptop out and sat onto my bed waiting for the video to transfer from my flash drive to my laptop.

"Roro! Can you help me?" I heard Nova shout from her room.

I moved my laptop to the side and walked over to Nova's room.

She was sat on the floor trying to assemble the doll house I bought her.

I promised her that I would buy her a barbie but turns out we came home with more than just a barbie.

"You needed my help?" I stated with a amused smile as I watched her miserably failing to assemble her doll house.

"Can you help me build this? Pretty please Roro." She pouted and turned to her doll house, giving it an annoyed look.

"First give me a kiss." I grinned and tapped my cheek.

Her face immediately broke out with a smile.

She dropped the toys from her hands and ran over to me, who was now crouching waiting for my kiss.

She wrapped her short little arms around my neck and gave my cheek a tiny peck making a smile appear onto my lips.

"I love you Roro!" She beamed and smiled at me.

"I love you too Nova." I smiled softly and kissed her forhead.

"Okay chop chop and get back to work." She grinned and dragged me over to her disfigured doll house.

I sat onto the ground and began clicking each toy into place, helping her build her toy.

"I'm tired." She groaned and got up from the floor dusting her hands from her dress.

"There's capri-suns on the counter if you want?" I offered to her.

She hadn't said anything but squealed and ran out of her room.

"Don't run!" I shouted and heard her respond with a little sorry.

It's been 10 minutes and she hasn't came back yet I'm starting to think she's eating everything in the pantry to shreds.

As I placed the stickers onto the now finished doll house I heard Nova's terrified scream echo through the hallway.

I immediately dropped everything and ran to my room where I could still hear her terrified sobs.

I entered my room and saw her along side my bed with her hands tugging her hair, her legs were up to her chest.

"Nova!?" I exclaimed and ran over to her looking around trying to figure out what happened.

My eyes met my laptop screen that had the video of our mothers murder playing.

"Oh no no no." I muttered and turned my attention back to a freaked out Nova.