seventeen

craig pov

I twirl my fork around between my fingers, listening to the adults talking and Tricia asking Tweek some questions. I was beginning to feel tired from boredom. I shut up eyes and my dropped my fork. I knew I couldn't sleep at the dinner table, but if I were to fall asleep, nobody would realize for a good ten minutes anyways.

My ankle gets kicked and my eyes shoot open to see my mother glaring at me. She gives me one of those looks; telling me to look alive. I move my eyes to Tweeks parents, who seem like nice people. I tune into the conversation Tricia was having with Tweek.

"If you came here for business reasons, if it does worse in your old town, will you move again?" Tricia asks.

"I don't know. I hope not, this place's not so bad," Tweek responds.

This is so boring. "Can-" I began to say, before my mom interrupted me. "And, Tweek, how're you liking the school? Craig has had many fun stories to tell me," She spoke with a small laugh.

"Oh, I like it. It's pretty much my last school
with new people," Tweek tells her. They have the average old person conversation until eventually going on to a new subject.

I can't bring myself to join into any conversation. I twirl my fork around again. What really gets me paying attention is when Tweek and I's relationship is mentioned. I don't look up from my plate though.

"So, how long have you two been together? I only found out about this yesterday," Tweeks mom says.

"Uh, like a week," Tweek answers. We became official last Monday.

"But you two became friends about when we were moved here?" Tweek's mom asks. I look at Tweek to find him glaring at his mom before he looked down at his plate.

I recalled Tweek's first day at school, he definitely thought I was an asshole; because I was.

Tweek didn't look like he was about to answer any time soon, so I stepped in. "No. A week after, maybe. Wasn't at school a lot," I say.

"You have been missing too much school Craig. You're going to fall behind," My dad unnecessarily says, as if he didn't kick me out and had no control over what I did for about week.

"Wonder why," I grumble and finally put my fork down before settling in my seat.

"Don't start anything," He whispers over to me. Everyone heard it anyways.

How am I starting something? He's the one acting like everything is fine and like he wasn't trying to kick me out because i'm gay. This dinner is shit.

I didn't answer him. Instead I listened to what Tweek had gone back to saying to Tricia. I decide that's boring and look to the adults where I find Tweeks parents talking about how when they found out Tweek was dating me, they immediately supported him. My parents go on to say they supported me too, which is more lies.

"Yes, when we found out about Craig we supported him as well! He is our son, after all," My mom says. Me being your son a few weeks ago didn't seem to stop you from kicking me out.

I stand up abruptly, which shocked me more than anyone else. Everyone turned to look at me. "Excuse me," I say before I go upstairs.

I'm not dealing with any more of this. They can continue their bullshit dinner and i'll stay upstairs.

After about five minutes I heard someone walking upstairs, and I figure it's going to be one of my parents coming to talk to me. If anyone needed to use the bathroom, theres one downstairs.

Theres a small knock at my bedroom door. I push myself away from Stripes cage and open the door. Tweek is standing there.

"What?" I ask. He pushes my arm away that was blocking the doorway and walks in.

"Why'd you just leave? It's so awkward sitting there alone with our parents," Tweek says.

"Because it's all bullshit. I'm not sitting there. They're just talking to each other anyways, no one said anything to me."

"Before I left they were talking about my parents leaving soon. Come on, man, like twenty more minutes, not even."

"Fine. I'm sitting next to you though." I walk downstairs and Tweek goes down after a minute.

"Sit next to me again, Tweek," Tricia tells him. He politely declines and sits next to me.

Twenty minutes later, the Tweaks have said they should leave soon, but somehow keep finding something to talk about. It took them ten more minutes to actually get out the door.

"Bye, Tweek," I waved. My parents were standing in front of me, slightly spaced apart so Tweek could still see me.

"Bye," He says. With that, the door is closed. I make a move to turn around and head upstairs, but i'm stopped by my dad.

My mom takes Tricia upstairs, then my dad starts speaking. "The Tweaks are a nice family."

"Yeah.. Can I go?" I ask. He shakes his head and puts a hand on my shoulder. He leads me to the couch and we both sit down.

"We need to talk.. I feel like you've been acting more uh.. moody? Towards me, since you and Tweek."

"It's almost like you kicked me out because of it, and are acting like an apology will fix everything. You made it all worse, actually," I told him, scooting to the farthest end of the couch.

"And I understand that. But you should start being thankful I didn't permanently leave you on the streets. I didn't have to be supportive my son's a fag, but I am. So start acting normal again," My dad went from calm to angry real fast.

Also; what the fuck is wrong with him. I hold up my middle finger, and this time I really mean it. I stand up and walk to our front door and twist it open.

"Where are you going?" He angrily asks me. I don't respond. I step outside and shut the door, only for my dad to open it.

"Yeah, yeah, just run away," He says. I try to ignore him. The cold is immediately attacking my arms. I should've put a sweater on. "Run away, like you do with everything else!" I hear my dad yelling at me.

I've reached the sidewalk by now and went left. I have no idea where i'm going. I will run away, it's easier. I can still hear him shouting at me. He said something about coming back inside because it's too cold out, but I ignore it all. If he really wanted me back, he wouldn't have said anything.

When I turn the corner of two streets, I reach into the pocket of my pants, only to remember I left my phone in my room. Shit. Now I can't call anyone.

I take a walk around the block before I end up at the furthest end of my street from my house. Why I came here, I don't know. I don't want to go back home. I keep walking anyways. I stop outside of Tweek's house and knock on his door. At this point, I can no longer feel my arms and my face.

His dad opens the door. "Craig, hi. Tweek is up in his room," He tells me before stepping aside.

"Thanks," I say, making my way to their stairs. As I walk up, in the corner of my eye I see Mr and Mrs Tweak standing together, whispering and smiling. When i'm outside of Tweeks room, I knock.

-
his dad was originally gonna be nicer and not say anything but then the dinner went differenter so enjoy :3