Chapter 27: A Mindless Puppet

Katsuki watches the other father speak. It was pitiful, how this gross monster was probably put down here by that bitch. He takes the stone from out of his pocket and looks through it at the other father. 

Nothing glows, it only paints the pitiful thing gray. He puts it back in his pocket. 

"She put you down here, right?"

 The other father nods slowly, opening his mouth again. When he nodded, a button eye detached and rolled to the floor. 

"Yes... Youve made her very angry... She takes things out... on us... when she is angry..." 

Button eyed Deku flashes through his mind for a moment. The other father turns his head so that the side with his button eye is facing Katsuki more clearly, almost seeming to lose sight of him for a second. When he gets it together, he husks out, 

"Run, Katsuki.... Run... she wants.... Me to hurt... you..." 

He takes in a shaky breath, looking on the brink of life as he keeps his hands on his face, his fingernails digging into his doughy skin. 

"Making... me... hurt..." 

The other father tilts his head away, facing the wall to Katsuki's right. He looks back the stairs, and slowly begins to walk backwards. He looks ahead at the other father, who is muttering to himself. 

Katsuki knows he needs to get the fuck out of here as soon as possible. If the other father managed to get his hands on him, then he would be fucking dead. 

"Fight it old man. I know your stronger than that." 

He tries to sound as sure as he can, preoccupied with trying to get to the stairs. The other father turns his last button eye to him, breathing more steadily now. He even straightens up a bit, so big that the clumps of hair on his head graze the ceiling. 

 Katsuki has to crane his neck to look at him. 

Fuck fuck fuck, halfway there come on... 

"I'm sorry, but I'm not." 

He speaks in an even clearer voice, lacking the previous draw that his other speech held. Katsuki feels his skin pin prick, instantly going to turn on his heel and get the fuck out of here. But in that moment, right when he turns, the other father lunges at him, his big body making a sloshing and groaning noise as he does.

 Katsuki screams, forced to turn around to try and block his head away from the monsters now gaping mouth. He's ready to consume him, his breath rank. Katsuki lurches away from the smell instinctively. 

There are two options that his brain comes up with in that split moment before death. One, try and squirm away with his hands, or two, accept his fate. Katsuki does neither, and puts his arms forward. 

Pushing the other father's forehead with one, he gains some time. Then, with the other, he closes his hand around the smooth black button, and fucking rips. It flies out of his hand and somewhere next to him, clinking against the wall and floor before falling silent. 

Katsuki holds his breath as the other father lifts his head, turning in the direction of the sounds. Then, he unhinges his jaw with a stretch and tear, and Katsuki is exposed to all of the rotting teeth and bloody gums. 

He watches as the other father races towards the sound, drool pooling out of his mouth. He stops just short of the wall, and Katsuki staggers to his feet, trying to be as quiet as possible.

 Tiptoeing to the stairs, Katsuki doesn't take his eyes off of the other father, who is now turning his head in all directions, sniffing and sputtering. 

"Katsuki... Katsuki come back... Your dad needs you... Katsuki... I love you... come back..."

 When he doesn't answer, already at the cellar hatch, the other father tilts his head as if told to do so, listening again. He stops, waiting. Seconds pass, and the father lets out a frustrated groan.

 "He's not here.... It's not my fault... no... not here.... Can't listen... won't listen..."

 Right when he's about to climb through the hatch, his foot slips and creaks. He looks over at the other father to see if he had heard, and sure enough, the monster is turned in his direction.

 Then, a big smile appears on his face, his lips curling as his jaw hangs. Then, with a speed Katsuki never would have thought was possible by a thing that sickly looking, he rushes towards him. 

"Fuck!"

 Katsuki's life flashes before his eyes as he pulls himself up into the dusty ass bedroom. Without one second of hesitation, he slams the hatch closed. It slammed onto the floor, but not before something a lot bigger slammed into it with a dull bang. 

Katsuki collapses against the wall, panting heavily, eyes on the hatch door. It rattled and shook from the impact, but when nothing else happens, Katsuki looks up at the ceiling and breathes heavily, chest heaving.

 "Fuck you... hah... asshole."

 He scatters up to his feet, adjusts his backpack, lets out a deep sigh, and gets out of there. What a fucking waste of time. He locks the door behind him and throws the key somewhere. That bitch can pick it up.

 She'll have lots of free time when Katsuki fucking leaves. Katsuki walks around the house, hands in his pockets as he squints in the fog. He looks up at the attic flat, his mouth twisting into a frown. 

"Fuck it."