Chapter 17: Unfinished Drawing

He ends up choosing something from the drawer next to the small dresser. A pair of black sweatpants and a worn-down skull T- Shirt that he remembers his real mom bought him years ago when it was way too big for his small kid body. 

He knows this isn't the real one, but it still brings him some sort of comfort putting it on. He put his boots back on, rummaging through his backpack.

He eats some of the food that is in there and puts the stone with the hole in his pocket. Its right when he puts the stone in his pocket that he feels better, the fog in his mind clearing up slightly so he can actually think straight.

He goes downstairs, preparing himself for the onslaught that is the other mother. As he enters the kitchen, he realizes that no one is there. But he can feel like someone is in the house. The air isn't heavy, and all isn't still. The house is still creaking, and he can feel someone's presence.

So he goes to the other father's study, finding him there when he goes in.

"Where's that bitch."

The other father isn't doing anything, just sitting at his desk and staring straight ahead at nothing. His body bulges and Katsuki can see the lines of blue veins when he breathes.

"Out... Taking care of that vermin... It seems like one of her creations has gone rouge. Won't do him any good... he's as good as gone... no matter how much he fights..."

The other father puts his hands to his mouth, his fingers leaving imprints on his skin.

"Mustn't talk... when mother... is gone..."

He doesn't look at Katsuki at all, just continuing to stare at nothing in front of him. Katsuki's heart quickens but he keeps his face the same. The other father must be talking about Deku and icyhot.

"I doubt she can do anything about them. They aren't like you."

"Like... Me?"

"They aren't puppets in her little game."

The other father doesn't say anything, and Katsuki goes to the door.

"If your done talking, I'm fucking leaving."

Katsuki steps through the doorway when the other father speaks, in a hushed, distorted voice, far too deep to even sound like his real dad.

"No point. There is nothing else. This is her world to meet her goal. And that goal is you-"

The other father presses his hands even harder against his face and Katsuki hears a loud crack. He turns away and walks out of the study. He goes into the drawing room, checking the door. It was still locked, and there is no way to get the key if the other mother is out right now. He looks around the room for anything out of place, anything that he could use.

Everything is the same as his home, expect for the enhancements. He's about to turn away when he spots something on top of the fireplace. A snow globe. He goes over to it and shakes it. The fake snow moves around in the water, and he puts it back, leaving the room.

Despite the other father's words about nothing else being here, he still goes outside. He goes past Mr. Hizashi and Mr. Aizawa's flat and past the crazy old man's attic. He even goes past the garden, walking all the way into the woods.

 He walks and walks, the clusters of trees eventually thinning out and turning into half assed versions of trees. Like brown lines and a mess of green on top of them, the idea of what a tree looks like.

Thats when the fog comes. Not the normal type of fog either, the type that he had gotten used to thanks to living here and at the normal house. The type of fog that just seems like white emptiness. 

It would be an understatement to even call it fog at all. He walks until what he was walking through wasn't the mess of 'trees' but an empty void, like a blank piece of paper. There was no smell, no feeling, no sound, nothing.

 It feels like Katsuki was just dunked into a sensory tank, and if he started to go in a different direction, he would definitely get lost.

So he continued to walk forward, the only thing he can see is himself against the white void that is the floor and sky and area around him.

"What do you think you're doing."

"God damnit! Your just like Deku!"

Shoto rolls his eyes and looks forward, keeping in pace with Katsuki. He notices how his fur is standing up and his tail is tucked between his legs, as if h'es ready to bolt or fight with just a small sound.

"This is a bad place. You shouldn't be here. This is the place she didn't bother to make. She only had energy for the places you needed."

Katsuki looks forward into the white void.

"Where's Deku?"

Shoto looks at him, his eyes showing more than enough of his annoyance.

"Her creations aren't allowed here. You and I aren't made by her, so we can. Doesn't mean we should."

Katsuki puts his hands in his pockets, feeling the stone between his palm and fingers.

"What the fuck even is she. She did some freaky ass shit with her body, and it seriously grossed me the hell out."

"When i was here, i didn't know. I don't know even now. I think it's better that way."

Katsuki is about to say something else, but he sees something in the distance. He quickens his pace.

"You were wrong icyhot, there's something over there!"

Shoto runs with him, not saying anything. They get closer and closer until Katsuki halts, staring at the grounds, the house in the distance.

"Huh."

Shoto licks his paws and cleans himself, looking at him blankly.

"I told you. She only made what she needed."