Chapter 25: Hair Ball

Pissed off because of the sudden loud screaming, the things that used to be the live audience swoop, guts dropping, and mouths open in snarls. Katsuki could not have hit the ground any faster. 

He ends up on the edge of the stage, his hands gripping the rotting wood as cat monsters rip and tear at the disturbing version of Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Hizashi. He looks back, the cat monsters still swooping and circling, the more they scream the harder the monsters' attack. 

Katsuki realizes that even when the attached duo tries to fight back or get him, they can't because of the ball of guts and blood. It is stuck to the wall, forever fused with the wood. As one cat monster rips into the distorted face of Mr. Aizawa, Katsuki decides it's time to get the fuck out of here.

 He grips the marble and the flashlight in his hands as he jumps from the stage and onto the ground. When he lands, a cloud of dust rises and he continues to walk, shining it right at the exit, the way he came. 

"Run, run while you still have the chance. You still have blood flowing through your veins." 

The voice of the brown-haired girl rings in his head and he puts the marble into his pocket. He gets to the door (Or where the door used to be) without looking back. He can still hear the two of them screaming, the sound of ripping flesh and liquid hitting the stage.

 He walks through the open entrance. Katsuki didn't know what he expected when he walked outside, going up the stairs of the flat. When he gets up, the world resembles the trees in the white void. The garden, the fences, all of the outside things were formless. 

Without a clear design or structure, all that was left is half assed splotches. The main house had some type of effort put into it still, though it looked elongated. It looked like someone stretched it out from both directions, as if trying to cage it around him. 

There was a lot more cobwebs around then he remembered, and when he sees the biggest fucking spider, he's ever seen in his life he questions if he should have brought bug killer. Thats when he sees the other mother, standing in the grass of the front yard.

 It's odd looking seeing her, standing out against all of the mess that she hadn't bothered to deal with. She has her arms folded, her button eyes looking right at him when he stops walking. She doesn't have any certain expression on her face, but her lips are put into a straight line.

 When he doesn't move, she lifts her arm and beckons him with her hand. He walks over to her, putting down and turning off the flashlight. He wants to gloat, wants to see her dumb face twisted into displeasure for underestimating him. So, he tells her,

 "I got two souls. I just have to find one, get my parents, and I'm out of this dump."

 She doesn't say anything, her arms back around her. Katsuki just smugly grins at her, waiting for some kind of reaction. She doesn't give one so Katsuki decides to say something more since she's clearly deaf as all hell.

 "It's pretty shitty. You'll be stuck here all on your own. You'll probably end up dying. Too fucking bad."

 She looks down at him emotionlessly, before she speaks. 

"I won't. Because you'll be staying here you little shit." 

Her voice doesn't just come from her mouth, it feels like it comes from everything. The fog, the splotches, the trees, the ground and even the sky. Katsuki feels satisfied with her answer. 

"Sure, whatever. What the fuck are you doing here."

 The other mother rests her hands on her hips, 

"I'm here to tell you something that might help." 

Katsuki glares up at her, gripping his flashlight tighter in case he has to hit her with it.

 "And why the hell would you do that."

 Finally, the corners of her lips go up into a slight smile, her button eyes gleaming mischievously. 

"The sooner you finish, the sooner you lose, the sooner i get what i want." 

Katsuki stares at her, not saying anything as anger and annoyance curls in his gut. She doesn't seem to mind though, since she continues, waving her hand slightly, her red nails reflecting the soft light coming from the moon.

 "If you want to look around in the empty flat, the door is locked. You need a key to open it."

 Katsuki huffs,

 "And are you going to fucking give it to me or am i just wasting my time." 

Without a single word, the other mother looks at him smugly. She tilts her head back, her long neck right in his view. Then, she lets out dry coughs, gagging and sputtering, and Katsuki watches in disgust. He steps back from the gross display and scrunches up his nose. 

As she coughs, she puts her head back normally, puts her hand to her mouth, and coughs out a key. Its short and bronze, its small teeth dulling with age. She looks back at him and casually tosses the key. 

He catches it without thinking much about it, until he feels it in his hand. It's warm and damp, and he looks away from her to wipe it on his shirt. 

"Nasty ass bitch."

When the key is as clean as he's ever going to get it, he looks back. No one is there.