chapter 6: don't tread on me

The imperial motorcade pulled up to the front of the Germaninan international airport. Even though it was 2:00 o'clock in the morning there were already thousands of imperial citizens lined up to see their glorious emperor. Emperor Heinrich Minctrict stepped from the vehicle and up to a podium were the chosen Ambassador for the mission to the gate and him self stood side by side. The emperor raised his hand and the crowd went silent as he began to speak. 

       " People of the fatherland!, the task that has been given to Ambassador Vaughn is one of glory for he is going to the home world! let us pray for his safe travels and the information he will give to our glorious fatherland upon his return!" The crowd went wild as Daniel Vaughn turned and entered the terminal. as his security detail moved him to the tarmac he looked at the civilian aircraft traveling all over the Reich and beyond to the Reich's many allies in this world. The plane that the delegation would be using for this trip was the newest selection in private aircraft the GVF-70956M it was the first civilian aircraft to have a swept wing design and to have jet engines. The interior of the aircraft was very luxurious with whit albino leather acquired from a Calhoun bull up in the northern regions of the empire and of  course the royal seal was everywhere. Daniel sat down and buckled up as the plane began to taxi onto the runway.

" So, were going to alnus first, right?" asked Marley his assistant and sister said as the plane began to lift up off the runway. 

" Yes, we'll land at alnus and from there we will be taken to the other side by motorcade, our agenda is packed full for the first day we will be given a tour of the city on the other side of the gate New York I believe it's called, then after that we will meet the American president and have dinner at the white house, then we will be taken to a hotel where will be staying for our trip, day two to four will be when we will be at the NATO headquarters where we will be a temporary seat for the duration of the NATO summit being held in New York, after the talks we will be spending the rest of our trip with basically free rein of were we go, then we come home, the whole trip will take us over a week." Daniel said and his sister nodded her head. the flight didn't take long as the plane flew from berlintia to alnus hill. as the plane came over the mountains the pilot and co pilot gasped and so did the rest of the passengers. down below the military base that had once been surrounded by explosion craters and dead creatures was now starting to be surrounded by a small city. construction teams were busy building apartment buildings, office buildings, restaurants, stores, a small school, and even an already finished civilian airport. 

" wow this is so strange, it hasn't even been 3 months since we sent those planes to take those pictures and no there's already an established town and airport, wow they seriously don't slouch around!" said one of Daniel's guards. the pilot told them that they would be landing at the military base airport as it would make their trip a little easier, so they strapped in and the plane landed at the base. as the plane taxied off the concrete strip Daniel noticed the military personnel in dress uniform's  lined up in a neat line leading to the terminal. At the beginning of the line what looked like a general stood waiting. The plane came to a stop and the engines began there shutdown sequence. The door went down and touched the still fresh pavement as Daniel and his team began to exit the aircraft. Daniel stepped out of the plane and was greeted by armed soldier's they were equipped with strange rifle's and armor and looked to be a lot more advance than even the SS troop's. A man with a warm smile on his face walked up and reached out his hand.

" Mr. Ambassador welcome to Fort Alnus and to America, My name is Lieutenant general Wolski and me and my men will escorting you to the other side of the GATE, so follow me." Daniel nodded and pulled his hand from the iron grip of the Lieutenant general's hand and began to walk forward. The base was very busy it was crawling with troop's, strange looking tank's, strange looking aircraft with no wings, and those fast as hell jet's. They moved quickly and immediately Daniel found himself being herded into a very fancy car along with his team as another man in a lieutenant uniform also entered the vehicle.