chapter 3: 2nd recon

Jack hault couldn't believe the sight that lay before him. The bodies of humans, orges, and wyverns were strewn about like discarded toys. He came across a broken bow and picked it up.

" HQ says that it's a little over 297,000 so far." Hunter ( his friend since childhood and righthand man) said.

" that combined with the casualties in New York it's almost 500,000 men, I mean they wanted to ensure there victory but why send so many?" He said tossing the useless bow.

" what are you worried about them or something?" Hunter asked.

" no in not I'm just wondering why send so many men to there deaths I mean what kind of country are we fighting anway?" He said and they turned to return to the base. Construction on reinforced concrete walls and towers had already begun there was even a runway and barracks already halfway finished. It had been a month and a half since the new York incident and the army was very fucking busy.

" 2nd lieutenant hault, lieutenant Manson your both needed in the command tent the general wants to see you." Said an out of breth private who looked like he had been running around all day.

" thank you private and why don't you go get some grub and take a 20 minute water and food break THATS AN ORDER!" Jack Saud and the private smiled and ran off once again. It didn't take Jack and Hunter long to reach the command tent and the general was waiting outside looking at a map held up by a army engineer. He looked up and saw them coming.

" lieutenants thank you for coming I wanted yo let you know that you two will as of now be in charge of 2nd deep recon your mission will be to find and establish friendly relations with any villages around the area and for your new unit I'm giving you 2 humvees an Abraham's and a swortz." The general said and jack nodded him and hunter still standing at ease in front of the general.

" Allright get out of my sight and get moving your Oscar Mike in 3 minutes!" The general said.

"Yes Sir!" Jack said and then turned and left with hunter close behind.

------------------------

At 10:00 am new world time 2nd deep recon set's out from alnus. The Abraham's sat in front leading the pack and the swortz took up the rear, sandwiched In between them sat the medical humvee and Jack's humvee. The small but deadly convoy of American combat vehicles rolled through the hills and forests of the world they were traveling the men and women of the convoy gocked at the scenery it was all bright and lively much different from earth not to say wasn't beautiful but this place sure seen to be damn close. Jack had been tacking a slight nap when suddenly the humve jerck to a stop.
" jeez hunter why you stop so fucking hard?" Jack said. " it wasn't me it was Landon and his fucking tank." Hunter said pointing out the window and thats when jack saw it. The burning wooded area in front of them was a sight worse than the wild fires in canada at the time. " what rhe hell could have caused a fire like that?" Jack said and picked up the convvoy radio. " all right everyone lest wait until the fi..." but mid sentence the origin of the fire revealed itself. A massive red dragon flew out of the woods hovering above not even 8 miles away. " holy shit what do we do about that!?" Hunter said basically freacking. The dragon was looking right at the convoy and tgat was when jack got an idea. " swortz, Abraham's fire at that thing use APHE rounds i want that thing erased off the face of this world.!" He yelled into the radio and the ti behemoths of steel complied basically fireing in unison. The two 150mm cannons fired off and there shell flew the air at mach 1 speed bursting throught the sound barrier, within seconds the shells struck there target in the left arm complety vaporizing it in an instant. The beast roared and flew off and disappeared over the horrizan before the two tanks could get any more shots off. " 2nd recon move out gogogogo!" Jack yelled and the convoy was on the move heading into the inferno. Jack radioed base and two helicopter divisions with 2 firefighter helicopter divisons arrived and began working on the fire dump8ng a newly developed fire surrpresent that could knock out a forest fire the size of maine in a couple hours. As the covoy moved throught the dying embers more vehicles joined tham as one of the helicopter squadrons discovered a village in the forest. Upon arrival it was found that the inhabitants were not human but were instead elves. They were loaded up into the second convoy and were hauled back to alnus were jack was unformed there would be a refugee camp constructed for them. It was a 20 more minutes before the convoy turned around this road rnded here but there weer others to explore.It was a couple hours of time driving on the bumpy dirt roads that weren't designed for multitude vehicles when the convoy came up to a village gate.

"Allright listen up I want to keep the vehicle's outside of the village for now I don't want to spook the locals." Jack said into the radio. Jack and Hunter stepped out of there humvee quickly followed by marrisa ( the convoys combat medic).

"Coda village? That's kind of a nice name." Jack said as the walked up to the entrance gate and hunter looked at him like he had a tree growing out his ass.

" dude you can read that?" Hunter said with a surprise look.

As they looked around they found that the village appeared to be empty. But as they walked closer to town jck could hear the sounds of arguing voices in one the nearby buildings and suddenly its door opened revealing an elderly man walked out and introduced himself.

" hello there I'm the village chief, what brings you to our village men in green?"

" Uh hello we are with a small recon team scouting the local area for our government in hopes to make friendly connections with the locals of this land, I'm 2nd lieutenant jackson hault of the united states army rangers." Jack said and the chief stuck out his hand to shake.

" well then it's nice to meet you, and thank you for the honesty but I must ask what else is bothering you." The old man said and jack took our his phone and showed him the picture of the dragon and the chief freaked out.

" oh my a flame dragon we'll have to leave the village thank you forbtelling me young man." The chief Saud and vegan to ran off but jack stopped him.

" wait hold on a second you might not have to leave just yet, my superiors have been looking for a new base for the military and they might want this place to it so let me talk to them first ok?" Jack Saud and the chief nodded.

" Yes that will be fine when do you expect to return?" He asked.

" only a couple of minutes." Jack said and chief looked at him with confusion but then smiled not wanting to intrude on another man's mentality.

---------

Michelle sat in the oval office looking over the newest approval ratings of her administration. Ever since the gate incident they have been slightly increasing until now 99.87% of the American populace agreed with her actions. She was about to get out a small bottle of whiskey when her advisor walked in thankfully not in a rush wich ment there wasn't at least bad news.

" Madam president a new report from the general in alnus has come in for you." The advisor said placing down the document on her desk.

" thank you Alan can you wait a second while I read It over?" She said.

" why of course."

Michelle opened the file and read the document inside that 2nd lieutenant jackson hault and his covoy had discovered and badly injured a flame dragon and thanks to there quick thinking had saved hundreds of elven lives. He had also proposed a small village to become the next F.O.B. she pulled out an approval stamp for the vase and approved it without a second thought.

" here you go Alan have a nice rest of your day." She said and leaned back and drank the whiskey satisfied with her work.

-------
it was about a week and a half until all the supplies had arrived at Coda and construction began the estimated completion of the base was 2 months. But it wouldn't be done in time to accommodate the influx of nato soldriers about to arrive through the gate in 3 days so for now there thousands of tents set up behind a vacant area of concrete wall. 2nd recon was already back at alnus by the time the equipment began rolling in. British challenger 5 tanks and German leopard 17s rolled into there newly designated lots along with German BF-49 fighter jets with were parked next to brand new F-134 stealth fighter jets. But the operations were not only being observed by the ground troops of the US, britan, Germany, and Canada, they were also being observed from a ridge far behind the base. Using a long range optic scope two soldriers dressed in Grey camouflage could be seen and on there shoulders were two symbols one per shoulder they said SS.