chapter 2: battle alnus

2nd lieutenant jackson (jack) hault had been in New York when the saderen army attacked. He had been one of the hundreds of armed citizens to help hold off the invaders. He had helped a family get to safety inside of a bank and along with a couple of desert storm veterans were able to stop the enslavement. Then the military arrived and that's when the fun began for the army ranger. Now he sat in a mysterious Bradley fighting vehicle with his ranger brotheren and friends as the readyed themselves to go rain hell on these Latin speaking Roman rip off sons of bitches. At the front of the convoy 100 American tanks sat waiting for the go ahead. The United States had 2 main battle tanks ( or MBT's), the M4A1 Abraham's and the M1B3 swortzkampfen or swartz for short. The doors on massive reinforced bunker that surrounded the "GATE" (as it was being called now) began to slowly open making a loud screeching sound as they did. Once they were open the convoy was cleared to begin moving. The sound of Honeywell multi fuel engines running on hydrogen roared to life as the tanks,fighting vehicles,and various other vehicles began to move causing the ground to shale like as if an earthquake was hitting the east coast. Once inside the various vehicles turned on there headlights to see better in the pitched black to no avail as all the light that escaped the bulbs was reflected back as a ghoulish blue light. But it wasn't long before a light at the end could be seen. The first vehicle to exit he gate was an Abraham's the vehicle's switched off there lights as they left the gate and emptied out onto a hill that the gate sat on. The star filled night sky provided little light so the first Abraham's switched to its infrared sights and imeadeatly Saw a massive heat signature in front of them.

       " we've got contact 200 yards out!" The tank commander yelled into the radio and the troop carrier's doors all opened and soldriers poured out. Jack and his crew jumped out and ran to the front of the Bradley hitting the ground for cover.
Mortar men began to launch flares into the night sky that lit up there foe like a Christmas tree. There had to be at least 200,000 soldries flying the saderen flag. A horn sounded and the saderen army began to run towards the hill just as the morning sun crested the mountains behind the hill.

------------
    1 week later
     Saderen council building saderen capital city falmart.

          " your majesty the latest report from alnus is devastating we have lost another 40,000 soldriers on the hill the rest are either in full retreat or turning to banditry." Saud senator Mar key castle as he addressed the emperor and the senate.

       "Not to mention the thousands lost when we sent our invasion force through the gate." He continued, but the emporer closed his eyes and rubbed his temple.

        " are you sure that the information that your giving me is even credible?" The emporer said causing the Mar key to loom at him In disbelief he was about to defend his source when an old bandaged senate member stood and began to speak.

           " don't worry about the Mar keys credibility, I can personally vouch for it my emporer." The old man said as he walked to the center of the massive room.

      " we sent over 100,000 thousand soldriers to take over the other side of the gate and only one returned and what he told resided on the other side mad me laugh at first i thought it was a joke but 2 days went by and no one else came back to report that was until the morning of the 3rd day." The old man told his account as every senator and general including the emporer sat riveted.

        " on that morning just before the sun rose above the dalhman mountains, my soldriers heard a strange emmence nosie coming from the gate and that's when the other world's army arrived." Th old man stopped as he pushed back the horrid memories racing through his mind and continued.