{Breakfast Plate}

Neo's POV:

Hello everyone.

I believe you all know where I work.

That is right.

I work at Cafe Terra, the most popular cafe in Dranvelle, the capital of the Holy Kingdom of Illios.

And this is a typical morning rush.

"Order up! Table 7! Breakfast Set A!"

"Breakfast Set B! Table 10!"

"Ringing up another order for Table 1! One breakfast wrap! On the fly!"

The ringing of the counter top bell caused me to react and check the tickets hanging by ticket wheel.

"Okay people! Order up!....Lisa, prep one Breakfast Set A. Bea, one Breakfast Set B! Art! Fire up the flat top and make one breakfast wrap, Spinach, Egg and Cheese!"

"Yes chef!" the girls called out.

"Heard chef!" the young apprentice nodded as he went to gather the ingredients.

I smiled as I went back to making more soup as the refills are popular every day.

Today's soup is called Mage's Brew. Made from a base of Mage Cap mushrooms and Eringi. This flavorful combination was the result of my experiments with my master's original creamy mushroom soup recipe.

 This flavorful combination was the result of my experiments with my master's original creamy mushroom soup recipe

And she gave her approval for this to be served with some crispy bacon.

It was so good that the customers kept ordering refills of it with their set meals at an additional 1 cop. drachma.

"Chef! Table 2 wants more soup." one of the waiters asked me.

"Here you go."

I filled up a bowl and placed it on the tray just as Lisa and Beatrice finished plating up their Meal Sets.

After a cursory glance at them. I placed them on the counter and rang the bell for pick up.

I noticed that Artie is still cooking the Breakfast Wrap and decided to put my soup and a low simmer to help him.

Once the order was done, I turned to the rather timid boy with brown spiky hair.

"The breakfast wrap should be done in 5 minutes. What do you find difficult to do whenever someone orders that?"

"Well...the timing on the egg. Sometime the grill gets too hot and it is too late to adjust it. I often end up with burnt over cooked egg."

He closed his eyes and flinched when I groaned.

A common reaction when an apprentice fails to go well.

I remembered the strikes and heavy handed punches I received when I trained at a local tavern here and it was also condoned at the royal kitchen whenever I make mistakes.