{Prologue}

Year of Yigg,
Thursday, 2nd Spring Month

"What is a chef.

A person who is properly  trained to prepare food from the kitchen.

But the ago old system to trained people yearning to be chefs in this day and age is still considered the most effective and yet....

It is considered outdated.

Old. Archaic. Brutal. Competitive.

However the training of a master chef to his apprentices is necessary for the new generation of cooks to bloom and grow.

So that they may make dishes
for the elite and royal.

For making food for the peasants and low born will amount to nothing in a chef's illustrious career.

Unless he somehow awakens his mana and becomes the rarest and most sought after culinarian.

Which is a mana chef.

Only then will his cooking be appreciated by the whole world, reach new heights of flavor and texture.

And maybe even the gods will descend upon us to taste it."

- Article by Food Critic Rosemary Sage, Dranvelle Daily.

-----------------------------------------

Year of Yigg,
Thursday, 3rd Summer Month

"A new cafe has recently opened near the shipping docks.

The name was so unique that the moniker alone made this reporter so curious as to why this establishment chose the squall or and poverty as it's backdrop.

As I questioned the owner's eccentric decision, I visited the cafe a week after its opening and I was mildly surprised to find a clean yet cozy establishment filled with decorations and plants designed to make you feel at home.

The waitress who served me was a gentle presence and helped me decide on an item, her knowledge of the cafe's food was impressive, something you don't encounter everyday with servers.

Upon her recommendation. I chose the Meal Set E and F, which were called as the "Hamburg Steak" and "Spag Chicken" Meal Sets respectively.

Again; I was impressed at the selection of food offered in this cafe. Most would have 4 or five items plus a small selection of drinks but Cafe Terra offers meal sets, a unique approach to an affordable meal.

And even, bread, cakes and even a small lost of coffee drinks.

I was still lost in reading the menu when my food arrived and after a few bites into each plate.

I was amazed at how delicious everything was! From the well cooked spaghetti and it's rich sauce to the crispy addictive fried chicken with its crunchy coating and juicy insides.

The other meal set was also food fit for nobility. The luscious and tender Moomoo meat patty covered in flavorful mushroom sauce they call gravy paired really well with rice (a type of grain) that was fluffy and absorbs flavors well.

The serving was enough for a healthy sized individual and the sides that came with each meal which was soup and a small dessert rounded up the meal so well!

The drinks were also divine. I had some new concoction called iced tea and it was so refreshingly delicious that I asked for another.

Naturally, I was shocked when the lovely waitress told me that I can pay 1 cop. drachma if I want a refill of my drink or more rice or soup.

This novel approach pleased me so much that I ended up getting 2 refills on everything!

My experience at Cafe Terra became even better as I paid...

20 cop. drachma in total, including the refills. A meal of that size at the nearest cafe at the 2nd Ring costs twice more than that. I was pretty happy with the pricing and even tipped the sweet waitress who smiled and thanked me.

Cafe Terra is a hidden gem with their unique meal sets that is set to satisfy their diners.

This establishment has delicious food, great service and is professional in terms of being cozy and delightful! I need to return to try the other sets soon.

I have taken the liberty of purchasing their jam breads (1.50 a piece) and a full swiss roll cake for 1 silver drachma which will be covered in next Thursday's culinary article.  "

- Culinary Delights Article on "Cafe Terra" by Rosemary Sage, Dranvelle Daily, Thursday

--------------------------------------------------

After the acclaimed food critic's article on Cafe Terra came out.

The cafe started attracting more customers from the other ring districts.

Now a plethora of patrons frequents the cafe to eat the delicious food there.

Attracting an unusual mix of individuals from all walks of life.